Are ALL Mormons Cowards?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_BrianH
_Emeritus

Are ALL Mormons Cowards?

Post by _BrianH »

I have posted a couple of challenges to Mormons here, to defend the claims of their religion (specifically pertaining to the so-called "Book of Abraham") only to have been met with...

1.) corrections from non-Momrons telling me that there are few if any Mormons here in this "Mormon DIscussion" board, and

2.) by Mormons (who I guess do not exist or are not really here) who whimper and complain a lot ...but who refuse to get in the ring and actually try to defend the claims of their cult.

3.) by ex-Mo's who only want to play childish games, but who also refuse to engage in an actual debate.

Are ALL Mormons chicken? Or is it just the few TBMs and ex-MOs here who cannot bring themselves to actually attempt to defend the claims of their so-called "prophet"?

-BH

_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Re: Are ALL Mormons Cowards?

Post by _Buffalo »

The list of current defenders here is very short, Brian. Droopy, bcspace, Why Me, Simon Belmont, and one other guy (sorry, it's easier to remember the extremists). Mostly you've been trying to argue with people who don't believe a word of LDS truth claims.

On the subject of arguing, your way of presenting yourself is off-putting, and a little dull. We've heard it all before, and the Book of Abraham topics are common knowledge, so even those of us who agree with you (most of us) aren't that interested because it's "been there, done that."

You might have a better time arguing about religion in general, since there is a better balanced group of atheists vs theists here.
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

Brian,

I think the problem is that you are asking the wrong questions.
Try avoiding anything substantive or anything factual or anything evidence based. Stick with faith and testimony and Ensign related topics and you'll be fine...
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

First of all, you haven't been on this board long enough to discern the religious affiliation or non-affiliation of the posters here.

Secondly, your OP is an attack post that doesn't belong here in the Celestial Forum.

Thirdly, you are self deluded.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_BrianH
_Emeritus

Post by _BrianH »

Buffalo wrote:The list of current defenders here is very short, Brian. Droopy, bcspace, Why Me, Simon Belmont, and one other guy (sorry, it's easier to remember the extremists). Mostly you've been trying to argue with people who don't believe a word of LDS truth claims.

On the subject of arguing, your way of presenting yourself is off-putting, and a little dull. We've heard it all before, and the Book of Abraham topics are common knowledge, so even those of us who agree with you (most of us) aren't that interested because it's "been there, done that."

You might have a better time arguing about religion in general, since there is a better balanced group of atheists vs theists here.

I am not interested in arguing religion in general. The name of this forum is "Mormon Discussion", not "Generic Religious Discussions". I came here to debate Mormons on the topics of MormonISM. When I want to debate atheists, I know where to go.

I have been doing this for several years; I am not interested in playing "subtle" games or indulging in adolescent word-play and equivocation. I came here with the intent of challenging Mormons to defend the claims of their religion. If you guys are too bored with defending the claims of your own religion, perhaps you should not participate in forums that specify your religion by name as the main subject area of the forum's stated concern.

-BH

_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

Are all Mormons Cowards?

No, only the one's who are still beating their wives.
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_BrianH
_Emeritus

Post by _BrianH »

Jersey Girl wrote:First of all, you haven't been on this board long enough to discern the religious affiliation or non-affiliation of the posters here.

Secondly, your OP is an attack post that doesn't belong here in the Celestial Forum.

I have discerned the religious affiliation of ENOUGH of the participants here to know that few of them are even interested in, much less capable of defending the claims of the LDS organization.

If this is the wrong forum, I trust one of the mods will correct me, and then perhaps move the thread. Until then, your opinion is noted, but without any authority.

Your opinion of ME is irrelevant to the fact that there appear to be few if any Mormons who will actually stand up and try to defend the claims of their obscure little cult. Perhaps YOU will screw up your courage, come down from cat calling in the rafters and get in the ring with me...?

D'you wanna have a go at it, or are you just another Mormon who likes to emote and shout accusations and insults where you SHOULD have been posting reasoned arguments to support your claims?

-BH

_BrianH
_Emeritus

Post by _BrianH »

Droopy wrote:
Are all Mormons Cowards?

No, only the one's who are still beating their wives.

LOL ...is that a plural "wives"?

Maybe they should fight back.

-BH

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

BrianH

I have been doing this for several years;

How's that been working out for you, BrianH? Do you get many takers?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

BrianH wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:First of all, you haven't been on this board long enough to discern the religious affiliation or non-affiliation of the posters here.

I have discerned the religious affiliation of ENOUGH of the participants here to know that few of them are even interested in, much less capable of defending the claims of the LDS organization.

If this is the wrong forum, I trust one of the mods will correct me, and then perhaps move the thread. Until then, your opinion is noted, but without any authority.

Your opinion of ME is irrelevant to the fact that there appear to be few if any Mormons who will actually stand up and try to defend the claims of their obscure little cult. Perhaps YOU will screw up your courage, come down from cat calling in the rafters and get in the ring with me...?

D'you wanna have a go at it, or are you just another Mormon who likes to emote and shout accusations and insults where you SHOULD have been posting reasoned arguments to support your claims?

-BH

You aren't as good at deduction as you may think. Jersey Girl is a never-mo.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~