Can Someone Please Save DCP From Himself?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Can Someone Please Save DCP From Himself?

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Folks, you just can't make this stuff up.

Is DCP losing his mind? It seems that after DCP's recent mass banning, his wrath has now turned to "voters" on SeN. Anyone who doesn't "vote" the way he wants is now in his cross-hairs. Does he realize how crazy, obsessed and thinned skinned this makes him look?

Regardless, it's a psychologically fascinating look into the mind of a narcissistic megalomaniac. The way DCP obsessively tries to control, manipulate and repress expression on SeN would make Kim Jong-un blush.

Here are just a few of the rants from DCP:

DanielPeterson DanielPeterson 3 hours ago
I invite people here to report our little up-and-down-voter troll to the Disqus authorities. It's easy to do. If another people report these bogus accounts, maybe -- I can't guarantee it -- Disqus will shut the poor little fellow down.

DanielPeterson Sam LeFevre 6 hours ago
Thanks for your expert and involved voice here. Which really irritates our little troll.

DanielPeterson gemli 7 hours ago
Incidentally, I won't be able to keep this pace up for much longer. I have things to do. Anyway, we seem to be posting too fast for our sad little up- and-down-voter. He can't keep up.

DanielPeterson Kiwi57 3 days ago
I would be happy to block this poor fellow, but I'm not sure that there's a way to do that. If anybody knows of one, I would appreciate learning it.
Of course, if our troll can't vent his frustrations and inadequacies with impotent gestures here, he may take them out on his caregivers. There's that.

DanielPeterson David Knight 3 days ago
As I say, I expect that we're seeing the obsessive behavior of a single sad individual who is affiliated with a particular message board elsewhere.

DanielPeterson Nathan Whilk 4 days ago
I suspect that it's just a single obsessive and sad individual -- not exactly a credit to the message board that he represents here.

DanielPeterson Carl 5 days ago
Our mindless down-voter also opposes building bridges of tolerance.
Does that surprise anybody?

DanielPeterson Laralee Nelson 5 days ago
It seems that three mindless down-voters (thus far) are quite unhappy about the lack of religious bigotry at BYU.
Does anybody find that even remotely surprising?

https://disqus.com/by/DanielPeterson/
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Can Someone Please Save DCP From Himself?

Post by _Lemmie »

He banned multiple commenters from here, right? I recall Shades and moksha most recently. He needs an ENEMY!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

The biggest up and down voting trolls at SeN are the regulars. Too bad they could not simply switch to the LDS-run World Table. Another recourse is to withdraw from Patheos and let Allen Wyatt run an Interpreter hosted SeN blog with restricted access (for apologetics party members only). That way their writings could be secret and therefore sacred.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Lemmie wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:13 am
He banned multiple commenters from here, right? I recall Shades and moksha most recently. He needs an ENEMY!
Excellent point, Professor Lemmie. This should be SeN's official motto:

"The total depravity of those who disagree with me is an important article of my personal faith."
Daniel C. Peterson,
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Lemmie wrote:
Dontcha hate those automatic spell checkers? "He needs an enema" is far more accurate...... :biggrin:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

moksha wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:21 am
The biggest up and down voting trolls at SeN are the regulars. Too bad they could not simply switch to the LDS-run World Table.
If I recall correctly, DCP and Kiwi were both banned from the World Table for a time because of their personal attacks and low ratings.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

DanielPeterson Mod gemli • 8 hours ago

gemli: "I know that every religion thinks there's something wrong with every other religion"

Every worldview differs from every differing worldview -- yours included.

Look up tautology.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5059359159
This is a fascinating post, psychologically. Being “different” is the same as “something is wrong with you” is a tautology to Peterson, in the same way that “all different worldviews are different” is a tautology. What an insight into the mopologist mindset.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:23 am
Lemmie wrote:
Dontcha hate those automatic spell checkers? "He needs an enema" is far more accurate...... :biggrin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Spellcheckers can only help, in this case!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:25 am
moksha wrote:
The biggest up and down voting trolls at SeN are the regulars. Too bad they could not simply switch to the LDS-run World Table.
If I recall correctly, DCP and Kiwi were both banned from the World Table for a time because of their personal attacks and low ratings.
You are right. Kiwi and Lou would never pass the accepted behavior level of the World Table.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:25 am
moksha wrote:
I don't believe they were "banned" (that is only something that the Mopologists do, because they cannot win any arguments on a level playing field). Instead, my recollection is that they were placed on a kind of "probation."
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14