Help wanted (Score so far related)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
IWMP
God

Re: Help wanted (Score so far related)

Post by IWMP »

Awwww wonderful. Sounds beautiful.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:35 pm
I weigh 93 pounds! Gained a pound because in addition to 3 meals I'm also eating junk.
Pro: I weigh 94 pounds. I'm getting somewhere! :D

Con: Weight was checked at the ER to get my heart shocked last night. :?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:20 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:35 pm
I weigh 93 pounds! Gained a pound because in addition to 3 meals I'm also eating junk.

Sorry to hear you had to have cardioversion. Praying your 🫀 will stay in sinus rhythm.

If it’s pounds you want, I’m willing to share.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:26 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:20 am

Sorry to hear you had to have cardioversion. Praying your 🫀 will stay in sinus rhythm.

If it’s pounds you want, I’m willing to share.
Thanks! That makes FOUR times this year. Unusual for me.

I appreciate your generous offer. Can you FedEx cold ship me some of that for transfer? ;-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Similar to Hans and Franz, “I’m here to plump you up.”
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:51 am
Similar to Hans and Franz, “I’m here to plump you up.”
You nut! Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. I've been a little...distracted. ;)

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So.

A brief review and report. I had stopped eating steel cut oats and my favorite Orchard Valley Harvest (whatever) Dark Chocolate Almonds that come in 1 oz. pack...inside a big pack of 8 or whatever. It seemed like a good idea because I was starting to become suspicious of them. I bought regular oatmeal that has the consistency of mush as a stepping stone back to the other which is healthier for you. Started drinking lactose free milk. Because also suspect.

Three days ago...I decided to eat a pack of almonds and see how it went. Had one pack in the morning-ish and everything was fine. Then I had one mid-afternoon.

Stupid Girl.

Symptoms came right back in full force oh my gosh I was up until 7 a.m. with that and had them in lesser degrees for THREE days straight. Felt like...first night someone hooked a bicycle pump into my stomach and kept pumping it in waves for hours while someone else used an ice scraper on the lining of something in there. Second and third days still had the ice scraper, a super bad sunburn inside, and if I had just woke from a coma I would have asked: Who punched me in the stomach? :cry:

Today: Fine again!

What are we to conclude from this? Nut allergy or sensitivity?

These have been my heart healthy guilty pleasure snack. Always had a pack in my purse with my tea bags. Took them on trips in case I got stuck somewhere and could call them and an apple a meal if I got good and desperate. It's like my people would say...Got your tea? Got your almonds? Because so long as I have tea and my almonds I can get through anything. I've been eating them daily (unless I ran out) for probably 8-10 years.

Not now!

Still holding my own at 94 lbs so far as I can tell. 8-)

Slava Ukraini!
IWMP
God

Post by IWMP »

You can develop allergies when you've had too much of something.

What I find with my kids (dairy allergy/sensitivity) is that if they have a break from dairy for a while it's like their tummy heals and then they tolerate a little more but when a virus or bug comes along they don't tolerate milk again. Oli has oat milk.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:06 pm
You can develop allergies when you've had too much of something.

What I find with my kids (dairy allergy/sensitivity) is that if they have a break from dairy for a while it's like their tummy heals and then they tolerate a little more but when a virus or bug comes along they don't tolerate milk again. Oli has oat milk.
Hi! That's what I was thinking...too much almonds for such a long time. The last 3 days I have been trying to give my tummy a rest and I think it helped. I won't eat the almonds again until I have my tests all done and see what the results are. Dairy...I think I can eat a bit of cheese but what I noticed was there was a string of days where I had 2% in my tea and one bowl of cereal in the morning with milk and when I ate TWO bowls of cereal (for convenience--evening meal) I noticed some issues. The cereal has some almonds in it by the way.

So now I have a small list of suspects. I know there are tests for those, too.

There was another substitution that I made and by the time I came upstairs I already forgot it. :lol:

ETA: Nicky did Oli and Phoebe have testing or did you just sort it out on your own? Do they ever take lactaid/lactase tablets?
ETA: I'm picking up oat milk with tomorrow's Walmart/ASDA order. I'll try it!
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh shoot! It just came back...I wanted to start eating my salads again so I got plant based Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. No dairy. It's definitely not as good as the original or even the fat free (or whatever that other option is--reduced fat?) but it'll do. I'm willing to try almost anything if it will help me out.

I want to work my way back to raw veggies and fruits again, beans, etc. Clean eating like I have for probably 8-10 years now.

Slava Ukraini!