Karen Armstrong

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_karl61
_Emeritus

Karen Armstrong

Post by _karl61 »

This is a really good interview. Although it is labled Islam, the author and interviewer really discuss the philosphy of God and religion and also talk about her life.

http://www.booknotes.org/Watch/159382-1 ... trong.aspx

also there are many thoughts in this interview that will leap out at those posting on this board.

The website Booknotes.org is a real treasure with hundreds of authors being interviewed for 60 minutes. I'm sure there are real treats for everyone.

also if you click on the little square around the time counter it will bring the interview to full screen.
I want to fly!
_Corpsegrinder
_Emeritus

Re: Karen Armstrong

Post by _Corpsegrinder »

Cool. Watching it now.
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

Karen Armstrong is an author that I have really enjoy reading over the years. I learned a lot from her books, and was grateful for that knowledge when it came time to move my family to the Middle East for a few years.

She comes across much better in this video than she has on TV interviews I have seen in the past. Thanks for posting this.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_DaniteDan
_Emeritus

Post by _DaniteDan »

She seems cool. If I remember she isn't kindly spoken of at FARMS for some reason: may be she is not perfect.
If one is forever cautious, can one remain a human being?"

Alexander Solzhenitsyn
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

karl61 wrote:This is a really good interview. Although it is labled Islam, the author and interviewer really discuss the philosphy of God and religion and also talk about her life.

http://www.booknotes.org/Watch/159382-1 ... trong.aspx

also there are many thoughts in this interview that will leap out at those posting on this board.

The website Booknotes.org is a real treasure with hundreds of authors being interviewed for 60 minutes. I'm sure there are real treats for everyone.

also if you click on the little square around the time counter it will bring the interview to full screen.

Islamic apologetics anyone? (mmmm, that's good irony)
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Pollypinks
_Emeritus

Post by _Pollypinks »

Anybody here Islam?