Boinking in the Telestial and Terrestrial Kingdoms?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Boinking in the Telestial and Terrestrial Kingdoms?

Post by _moksha »

Joseph Fielding Smith: Doctrines of Salvation Vol. 2 wrote:
Some of the functions in the celestial body will not appear in the terrestrial body, neither in the telestial body, and the power of procreation will be removed. I take it that men and women will, in these kingdoms, be just what the so-called Christian world expects us all to be – neither man nor woman, merely immortal beings having received the resurrection.

A question arises as to whether this was doctrinal or not. Perhaps this was just speculation from the men of the Smith family gathered in the parlor after a hearty Sunday dinner, while engaging in a rather good round of tale spin. Or maybe the Telestial and Terrestrial residents will indeed find themselves without genitalia. This would stand as strong encouragement for Mormons to stay on the straight and narrow for an eternity of amatory action later on.

Your input is needed on this perplexing issue.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_MCB
_Emeritus

Re: Boinking in the Telestial and Terrestrial Kingdoms?

Post by _MCB »

This perplexing issue is immediately resolved once the individual realizes that Mormonism is tailor-made for everyone. Just quote a leader to substantiate your beliefs, you can find it if you search long enough.

Nice quote you found.
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

MCB wrote:
This perplexing issue is immediately resolved once the individual realizes that Mormonism is tailor-made for everyone.
Everyone who isn't gay, lesbian, or trans-gendered. :smile:

And yes, that really is a wonderful quote.
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

moksha wrote:
Joseph Fielding Smith: Doctrines of Salvation Vol. 2 wrote:
Some of the functions in the celestial body will not appear in the terrestrial body, neither in the telestial body, and the power of procreation will be removed. I take it that men and women will, in these kingdoms, be just what the so-called Christian world expects us all to be – neither man nor woman, merely immortal beings having received the resurrection.

A question arises as to whether this was doctrinal or not. Perhaps this was just speculation from the men of the Smith family gathered in the parlor after a hearty Sunday dinner, while engaging in a rather good round of tale spin. Or maybe the Telestial and Terrestrial residents will indeed find themselves without genitalia. This would stand as strong encouragement for Mormons to stay on the straight and narrow for an eternity of amatory action later on.

So, is your inquiry about whether physical intimacy and physical pleasure will be an aspect of exaltation? of the spiritual existence?

I mean, is your post tantamount to whether Heaven will have really good roast beef?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hello Sub-Genius,

Your god was kind of slow on the uptake don't you think? It only took 1,800 years for Christians to intuit that slavery was un-Christian.

If you factor in Biblical slavery, well, phew... You're looking at thousands upon thousands of years where your god could have put an end to it, but you know...

V/R
Dr. Cam
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

This perplexing issue is immediately resolved once the individual realizes that Mormonism is tailor-made for everyone.
Everyone who isn't gay, lesbian, or trans-gendered. :smile:

And Mike Quinn wrote a book on the tolerance of such differences in early Mormonism. Do you remember that? :wink:
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

MCB wrote:And Mike Quinn wrote a book on the tolerance of such differences in early Mormonism. Do you remember that? :wink:
He certainly did; it was a wonderful book. There's also Connell O'Donovn's site on GLBT Mormon history. Fascinating stuff. Mormonism would be a happier place if the Church of today were as tolerant as it was back then.
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

But can you find that in official doctrine? The closest I can come is the continuation of seeds for those who are still married implying those who are not cannot have children. But that doesn't necessarily imply the ability to boink is removed. It would certainly be a fitting hell for the desire to boink to be strong but the ability removed.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

bcspace wrote:It would certainly be a fitting hell for the desire to boink to be strong but the ability removed.
It certainly would. I think the core issue here is the long, dreary tradition in the Abrahamic religions of sacralizing certain basic bodily functions. In essence, perverting them.
--Yahoo Bot

_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

The Erotic Apologist wrote:
bcspace wrote:It would certainly be a fitting hell for the desire to boink to be strong but the ability removed.
It certainly would.

[#img] http://wumocomicstrip.com/img/strip/-WM ... -01-02.gif[/img]
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei