Boinking in the Telestial and Terrestrial Kingdoms?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Boinking in the Telestial and Terrestrial Kingdoms?

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Hello Sub-Genius,

Your god was kind of slow on the uptake don't you think? It only took 1,800 years for Christians to intuit that slavery was un-Christian.

it might be possible, but you could not know less about what you are posting about.
Slavery has been "wrong" since Moses, in fact many people could make the good and academic argument that the "thou shalt not steal" commandment involves "slavery".
Perhaps you have a different (ie. wrong) understanding of the Jewish people and Egypt stories but nevertheless...i think you also misunderstand that "slavery" in terms of the african-american slave trade (heavily promoted by the Dutch and condoned/practiced by secular and non-secular alike) was not considered "slavery", as that population was not considered "people" by everyone. Research the manuals available in South Africa that describe how to classify a true "black" person...not for the white people, but for the blacks who considered their blackness more pure than another "lighter skinned" black person.
So, for you to claim that "God" took any amount of time to realize something is just more straw piled upon your "i don't really know much about Christianity" camel's back.

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:If you factor in Biblical slavery, well, phew... You're looking at thousands upon thousands of years where your god could have put an end to it, but you know...

V/R
Dr. Cam

wow...there went the camel's back...
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

LittleNipper wrote:Dwelling on an unknown one has no control over, concerning things that have no consequence, is a moral waste of time and energy.

These guys would probably disagree...
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

Mr Eros:

Analogy between sin and criminal law, which Mormons tend to regard as identity:

Idolatry of one's sex parts is a capital offense. Simple occasional self-stim is a minor misdemeanor, maybe overnight at the county jail. Don't make a snap judgment on what such a sermon might contain.
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Lucy Harris wrote:Analogy between sin and criminal law, which Mormons tend to regard as identity:
I'm having trouble parsing/understanding this part. Could you help me out a little?

Lucy Harris wrote:Don't make a snap judgment on what such a sermon might contain.
I'm only going by what the sign says. Is there reason to believe the sermon contains subject matter unrelated to what's on the sign?

Do you believe there will be boinking in the Telestial and Terrestrial Kingdons?
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Idolatry of one's sex parts-- go to hell. Occasional self-stim-- a bit of purgatory.

No sex in the afterlife, and we will be happy without it. Being with God forever is too much joy to even be compared with the joys of sex. God forgives all.
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Lucy Harris wrote:Idolatry of one's sex parts-- go to hell. Occasional self-stim-- a bit of purgatory.

No sex in the afterlife, and we will be happy without it. Being with God forever is too much joy to even be compared with the joys of sex.
Fair enough; thanks for the clarification. Though, I have to admit that I have trouble accepting your assertions as facts, because in order to do so I would first have to adopt a magical, supernatural worldview. I know of no compelling reason why I should do so.
--Yahoo Bot

_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Your choice is your choice and I won't judge you for it.
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Lucy Harris wrote:Your choice is your choice and I won't judge you for it.

Lucy Harris wrote:Idolatry of one's sex parts-- go to hell. Occasional self-stim-- a bit of purgatory.
--Yahoo Bot

_Always Changing
_Emeritus

:rolleyes: That is how I believe God would judge it, and the standard I set for myself. Divine reality may be different, but as the guy says (even though I rarely read his posts)
LittleNipper wrote:
Dwelling on an unknown one has no control over, concerning things that have no consequence, is a moral waste of time and energy.
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Lucy Harris wrote:That is how I believe God would judge it, and the standard I set for myself. Divine reality may be different...
Oh, so when you say "go to hell" it's supposed to be god talking, not you. Got it. Again, thanks for the clarification that these are simply your personal beliefs, not facts.

ETA--There's nothing wrong with harboring a sexually-adverse belief system, as long as you don't seek to impose those beliefs on emotionally vulnerable individuals, such as adolescents with a same-sex attraction.
--Yahoo Bot