My testimony

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: My testimony

Post by _subgenius »

The signatures, as well as the body of writing, have similarity due to the style of writing which was customary at the time. If you look at many documents from many sources you will see similar patterns, some more distinguished than others. It comes from the discipline of writing and nothing more. Similar in my profession where one could argue that an architect's handwriting appears to be the same as any other. They may appear similar but it is obvious that they are distinct - the signatures shown on your reference are all different in many ways.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

subgenius wrote:The signatures, as well as the body of writing, have similarity due to the style of writing which was customary at the time. If you look at many documents from many sources you will see similar patterns, some more distinguished than others. It comes from the discipline of writing and nothing more. Similar in my profession where one could argue that an architect's handwriting appears to be the same as any other. They may appear similar but it is obvious that they are distinct - the signatures shown on your reference are all different in many ways.

You would be incorrect. It is all in the same hand writing. If you would read before posting you may notice that they mention it is in the hand writing of Oliver Cowdery. Oliver I believe was responsible for preparing a printers copy for publishing. It has nothing to do with whether there was a signed document for the 3 or 8. If there was we don't have a copy today, at least not that the church is aware of. Drifting is right that if they did the church would have published it long ago.
_bcuzbcuz
_Emeritus

Post by _bcuzbcuz »

subgenius wrote:The signatures, as well as the body of writing, have similarity due to the style of writing which was customary at the time. If you look at many documents from many sources you will see similar patterns, some more distinguished than others. It comes from the discipline of writing and nothing more. Similar in my profession where one could argue that an architect's handwriting appears to be the same as any other. They may appear similar but it is obvious that they are distinct - the signatures shown on your reference are all different in many ways.

Different signature, same crap. The "W"'s, the "S"'s are all the same. You have to dig deeper than just having similar 'styles' of writing.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love...you make. PMcC
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

bcuzbcuz wrote:Different signature, same s***. The "W"'s, the "S"'s are all the same. You have to dig deeper than just having similar 'styles' of writing.

All he needs to do is just be less lazy and read more. It mentions on both links that it is in OC handwriting, and it has been mentioned in this short thread.