Hopewell Civilzation Used Egyptian Measurements

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_bomgeography
_Emeritus

Hopewell Civilzation Used Egyptian Measurements

Post by _bomgeography »

I saw this on a different forum.

Dr. James Scherz, Professor of Civil Engineering at the U of Wisconsin has found astounding new evidence encoded in the Great Octagon and Great Circle structures of the Hopewell. They were built using three units of measurement that were also used in ancient Egypt, the "common foot" and finally the "royal foot" all of which can be demonstrated to have been used in the making of these structures. If the interior of the octagon is squared, the square that is formed has a base dimension of 606 feet, which is the same length as the "stade" of ancient Egypt. The angle of the Great Pyramid of Egypt from the base up the slope to the tip is 51.8 degrees, which happens to be the precise angle of the Great Octagon complex when passing a line through its main axis and then measuring to true north.

Its no surprise to me. The Mik Maq used Egyptian characters and their same meaning. It would have been impossible for them to use the same meaning in 1680. At the time the language was undecipherable until 1830.
_bomgeography
_Emeritus

Re: Hopewell Civilzation Used Egyptian Measurements

Post by _bomgeography »

I predict the next comments will be about racism being non sequitur attacks deviating from the main point of the topic.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Uhh... An article about the Burrows Cave Hoax.

http://www.flavinscorner.com/2009bc.htm

As a regional professional, I can understand why Prof. Kehoe was included in a speculative-themed program which features the (in)famous Kensington Runestone, as she is a respected and accomplished diffusionist anthropologist, archaeologist, and author whose published opinions, even the most controversial ones, are always well founded. Her work on the Kensington Runestone (Kehoe 2005) remains thought provoking, though I personally disagree with her conclusions. Scherz? Ah, he taught advanced plumbing for many years, founded an amateur group to investigate Native American burial mounds (Ancient Earthworks Society), co-authored a book with Burrows (Scherz & Burrows 1992), and has a fine collection of Burrows Cave 'artifacts', and I'd guess it was Scherz's collection which was on display in Wolter's laboratory, but I can't be sure and I ...honestly don't care. If Wolter and the producers of "Holy Grail in America" offered Scherz on-screen time in exchange for displaying his collection of fakes, that's their business.

Bolding is mine
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

bomgeography wrote:I predict the next comments will be about racism being non sequitur attacks deviating from the main point of the topic.

You never get credit just for racism. Your dependence on fraudulent and pseudoscientific sources is always noted. You just don't react as emotionally to those. But, sure, let's make sure we don't just talk about your racism, your dishonesty and incompetence are equally compelling. :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_tapirrider
_Emeritus

Post by _tapirrider »

bomgeography wrote:I saw this on a different forum.

Dr. James Scherz, Professor of Civil Engineering at the U of Wisconsin has found astounding new evidence encoded in the Great Octagon and Great Circle structures of the Hopewell. They were built using three units of measurement that were also used in ancient Egypt, the "common foot" and finally the "royal foot" all of which can be demonstrated to have been used in the making of these structures. If the interior of the octagon is squared, the square that is formed has a base dimension of 606 feet, which is the same length as the "stade" of ancient Egypt. The angle of the Great Pyramid of Egypt from the base up the slope to the tip is 51.8 degrees, which happens to be the precise angle of the Great Octagon complex when passing a line through its main axis and then measuring to true north.

Its no surprise to me. The Mik Maq used Egyptian characters and their same meaning. It would have been impossible for them to use the same meaning in 1680. At the time the language was undecipherable until 1830.

The claim of Egyptian units of measure in the Hopewell earthworks is not backed up by archaeologists.
https://books.google.com/books?id=RlRz2 ... &q&f=false

bomgeography, claims like yours are racist.

https://books.google.com/books?id=RlRz2 ... &q&f=false

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinaki ... b446da7ab0
"Archaeologist Larry Zimmerman reviews The Lost Colonies of Ancient America by Frank Joseph, who insists that mainstream archaeologists are the ones ignoring information on transoceanic voyages and that any number of past civilizations may have colonized the New World first. Zimmerman, though, notes that "Joseph echoes half a millennium of speculation geared toward inventing a deep Old World history in the Americas, thereby challenging the primacy of American Indians in the hemisphere, or at least implying their inferiority, their poor stewardship of the land, and the need to civilize them, all in the service of Manifest Destiny and justification for taking their land."
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

I own Ken Feder's FM&M book and highly recommend it.

Just for fun, here's yet another racist promoting a pseudoarcheological theory:

http://www.louisbeam.com/kennewick.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Beam

Hmm...seeing a pattern here... :lol:
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

bomgeography wrote:I saw this on a different forum.

Why didn't you tell us that you got this from your favorite Nazi's book? You lifted it from page 20.

https://www.amazon.com/Atlantis-Wiscons ... 1880090120

It's also repeated elsewhere and on LDSFF where I think you also posted about it.

So you really do worship this creep, don't you? How do you fit "Atlantis in Wisconsin" in with your other imaginings?
Last edited by Guest on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Maksutov wrote:So you really do worship this creep, don't you? How do you fit "Atlantis in Wisconsin" in with your LDS delusions?

[MODERATOR NOTE: Please refrain from using phrases such as "your LDS delusions" while in the Celestial Forum.

Thank you.]
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Maksutov wrote:So you really do worship this creep, don't you? How do you fit "Atlantis in Wisconsin" in with your LDS delusions?

[MODERATOR NOTE: Please refrain from using phrases such as "your LDS delusions" while in the Celestial Forum.

Thank you.]

Correction made.
_tapirrider
_Emeritus

Post by _tapirrider »

bomgeography wrote:The Mik Maq used Egyptian characters and their same meaning. It would have been impossible for them to use the same meaning in 1680. At the time the language was undecipherable until 1830.

That is simply false.

I have provided you with this before but here it is again.

Picture-writing of the American Indians : extract from the tenth annual report of the Bureau of Ethnologoy
https://archive.org/stream/picturewriti ... 6/mode/2up