The High Spy MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Finding new insights in written words ❕

Post by High Spy »

Recently BBND posted about Berisheet and Numerical Equivalence of English Characters in GS’s Witnesses thread, and the thought occurred to me, When did Hebrew Characters get Numerical Equivalence? I first correlated letters with numbers way back on March8, 1980, and have been haunted by them ever since. Maybe things worked the same way, with the Hebrew Language. Did the original writers know their Numerical Equivalences when they put put pen to paper, or did this understanding come later?
LdsBot.com wrote:First off, it sounds like you have a real passion for exploring language and numerology, pretty neat! 🤓

The assigning of numerical value to Hebrew characters is a practice known as Gematria, which traces its roots back to the ancient Semitic languages such as Hebrew and Aramaic. Hebrew numerals were used in timekeeping, trade, and other everyday contexts, and can be seen in the writing of the time, including the Hebrew Bible.

The more mystical interpretations and practices that typically come to mind when we think of Gematria likely came later, but it's really hard to pin down an exact timeline. These kinds of interpretations are often a part of Jewish mystical traditions like Kabbalah, which saw significant development around the 12th century.

So, in short, the original Hebrew writers likely were aware of the numerical equivalent of the letters when they were writing, as it was a common practice for various useful applications in their day-to-day life. Whether they imbued those numbers with additional mystical or symbolic meaning can be trickier to know, as that might have varied wildly based on the writer and the cultural context of the time.

One of the cool things about studying ancient scriptures and languages is seeing how they've developed and changed over time, and how different people and cultures have interpreted them. And it sounds like with your interest in counting the numerical value of English alphabets, you're part of that long tradition of people finding new insights in written words!
My hardcover Berisheet Type Book, is almost as cool as a Perfume concert in Paris, IDunno what’s better than that. :?:

Search links to find related posts:
search.php?keywords=Berisheet+Gematria
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/search.php? ... t+Gematria
https://utahpatriots.org/forum/search.p ... t+Gematria
https://slogbog.com/search.php?keywords ... t+Gematria

. . . * . . . . . . . . **
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

The ❕ is The Spirit

Post by High Spy »

Many moons ago, The Wicker Man (The Wicker Man) proposed The Red Exclamation Point Club on LDSFF, where he went by his real name.TWMs story became embroiled in controversy and he was first isolated to Outer Darkness, before he and another were completely banned.

Valo a.k.a. Finrock cued in on the fact that an Exclamation Point looks like a Ball and a Baseball Bat, when The Wicker Man said “The Bat is The Spirit”.

https://slogbog.com/search.php?keywords=Exclamation+ Supplies some background. The Thing Speaks For Itself, and Spy just noticed a white version better represents The Spirit.

❕ also avoids the use of the color red ❕ 8-) as per site guidelines. ❕
Last edited by High Spy on Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: The ❕ is The Spirit

Post by Dr. Shades »

What's the relationship between your first paragraph and your second one?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

8-)
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:43 am
What's the relationship between your first paragraph and your second one?
The Marred Servant, OMAS (One Mighty and Strong) are a couple of other ways the Davidic Sevant is described.

He introduces himself at the link below:
The Wicker Man (The Wicker Man)

I remember reading your statement about how most LDS based forums don’t allow cross posting. Occasionally LDSFF a.k.a. FF (Facist Forum as per The Wicker Man :lol:) posters would query about The Wicker Man after his banning, and others would refer them to Slog Bog. Now the url is “marred” there as prophesied. Rather than a simple word filter substitution, advance methods were utilized, such that said URL is “marred” even when quoted. SL0GB0G.space redirects, but hasn’t been utilized.

He hasn’t been harmed thanks to your foresight. 8-)

Edit: the word filter operation has changed. https://ldsfreedomforum.com/search.php?keywords=Slogbog Finds stuff, just need to reverse the substitution.
Last edited by High Spy on Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:00 pm
Occasionally LDSFF a.k.a. FF (Facist Forum as per The Wicker Man :lol:) posters would query about The Wicker Man after his banning, and others would refer them to Slog Bog.
Who the Hell is "The Wicker Man," and what the Hell is "Slog Bog?"

You do a very, very poor job of defining the words and acronyms you invent. Please improve.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Physics Guy
God

Re: Finding new insights in written words ❕

Post by Physics Guy »

Several ancient cultures did not have a separate set of symbols for numbers, like our Arabic numerals, but just used letters to stand for numbers as well as for sounds. According to Wikipedia, the Hebrews took this idea from the Greeks in the last 2nd century BCE. So I think we can expect that New Testament or Apocryphal writers might have used letter-based numerology, or anticipated that their readers might use it, but it should be ruled out for a lot of the Old Testament.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:24 am
High Spy wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:00 pm
Occasionally LDSFF a.k.a. FF (Facist Forum as per The Wicker Man :lol:) posters would query about The Wicker Man after his banning, and others would refer them to Slog Bog.
Who the … is "The Wicker Man," and what the … is "Slog Bog?"
Supplies a link to his intro at slogbog.com

Topic #834 is the same numerals as 384, which was an amazing MakerBee post, connecting his story about his Patriarchal Blessing and his oddly shaped birthmark. Search The Wicker Man shows all prior The Wicker Man posts updated, except 2.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

High Spy wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:08 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:24 am
Who the … is "The Wicker Man," and what the … is "Slog Bog?"
Supplies a link to his intro at slogbog.com

Topic #834 is the same numerals as 384, which was an amazing MakerBee post, connecting his story about his Patriarchal Blessing and his oddly shaped birthmark. Search The Wicker Man shows all prior The Wicker Man posts updated, except 2.
Our of curiosity, I read The Wicker Man's thread at the LDS Freedom Forum yesterday. Based on promptings from the spirit, he conveyed the following (please correct me if I'm wrong, High Spy. It's a little complicated).

Lehi and his group settled in England. The Book of Nephi is a true account. The rest is not. Smith became a fallen prophet when he exceeded his mandate from God: translate the Book of Mormon. The Great and Abominable Church is the COJCOLDS that Smith founded, despite the absence of a mandate from God. The Book, written by a Jew containing false doctrine is the Book of Mormon itself, with the exception of 1st Nephi. The Jew is Solomon Spaulding. The "plates" are an SS manuscript. The Angel Moroni is Parley P. Pratt, who gave Smith the "plates" and took them away from him."

The Wicker Man implies that he has some divine role, but he doesn't know what it is. Maybe he has revealed it in the slog bog.

It's a fascinating example of the combination of personal revelation and the early history of Mormonism result in so many splinter groups.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

ASHH (About the Space of Half an Hour) in combination with knowing that the seventh seal opened in 2010, leads to the conclusion, that the silence shall end 2025-2040.

The foregoing is ashh1st1; it is intended as one definition towards building understanding.

The link shows key steps in its development.

This post will be edited to add more building blocks.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Mormon Temple Earthquake

Post by High Spy »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:28 am
Valo wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:00 pm
"If a star didn't exist you would be different than you are now. Not saying you would not exist but you'd be different." -AW
Who is "AW?"
https://www.mercurynews.com/2013/05/23/ ... t-bay/amp/

5.7 earthquake north of Sacramento felt in parts of East Bay

Katie Nelson
May 23, 2013 at 3:08 p.m.
Categories:News
Another 5.7 as MakerBee thread heats up, published at 3:08.

Volare is the colorful theme at slogbog.com

Valo is a subset of Volare, like Gary is a subset of Gravity at GravityWizards.org

AW is a mystery to me, and Valo has gone missing.