Exploring the Possibility of Multiple Authors in the Book of Mormon Through Vocabulary Analysis

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
henryrangdon
Nursery

Exploring the Possibility of Multiple Authors in the Book of Mormon Through Vocabulary Analysis

Post by henryrangdon »

Hi everyone,

I've come across some interesting graphs that show differences in certain words, like "therefore" and "wherefore," in the Book of Mormon. These graphs suggest that it's possible the Book of Mormon was compiled from different sources or written by different authors in the middle and at both the beginning and end of the text. I'm aware that there have been a lot of studies on this topic, so I'm wondering if there are any theories that connect the different authors of the Book of Mormon through their diction and grammar. The "therefore" and "wherefore" findings are intriguing, but it would be even better if there were more vocabulary differences to help determine how many true authors are in the text.

I'm considering running some experiments and publishing the results here, so if anyone has any ideas on how to analyze the text to uncover more clues, I'd love to hear them. So far, I've tracked things like the Lexile score, average word length, and frequency of word usage in the first edition of the Book of Mormon, but haven't come to any solid conclusions.

If anyone has more information on this topic or suggestions for how to analyze the Book of Mormon, please let me know. Thanks!

Here's the graph I mentioned: Image