Homosexuality Thread for the Celestial Forum

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
phaedrus ut
Nursery

Re: Mormon Talk's Sincerity

Post by phaedrus ut »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:10 am
phaedrus ut wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:50 pm
I keep seeing these guys come across various social platforms and have assumed it's a long troll of someone playing naïve Mormons. It's fake right?
Are you referring to their Mormonism or the podcasters' sincerity? Best to ask Dr. Shades since he follows all of their podcasts. These two young men seem much more sincere than the most recent FAIRMormon podcasts.

by the way, Phaedrus ut, welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome. I've been on these the old utlm boards whatever that was called 20 odd years ago. I'm still curious if they are dumb genuine or a really dedicated troll.

Phaedrus
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

phaedrus ut wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:53 am
Thanks for the welcome. I've been on these the old utlm boards whatever that was called 20 odd years ago. I'm still curious if they are dumb genuine or a really dedicated troll.

Phaedrus

I happen to believe they are dedicated trolls putting on a show for whatever purpose and end result, I cannot say. Perhaps they are hoping their show will go viral and they hope to make serious money by exploiting Mormonism. It's probably all about making money.

In time, more shall be revealed.
Shulem
God

To be gay is to be bad.

Post by Shulem »

Spencer W. Kimball, The Miracle of Forgiveness, p. 78 wrote: Homosexuality is an ugly sin, repugnant to those who find no temptation in it, as well as to many past offenders who are seeking a way out of its clutches. It is embarrassing and unpleasant as a subject for discussion but because of its prevalence, the need to warn the uninitiated, and the desire to help those who may already be involved in it, it is discussed in this chapter.
Boyd K. Packer, 1976 General Conference wrote: There is a falsehood that some are born with an attraction to their own kind, with nothing they can do about it. They are just ‘that way' and can only yield to those desires. That is a malicious and destructive lie. While it is a convincing idea to some, it is of the devil. No one is locked into that kind of life. From our premoral life we were directed into a physical body. There is no mismatching of bodies and spirits. Boys are to become men --masculine, manly men --ultimately to become husbands and fathers. No one is predestined to a perverted use of these powers

See also:

WIKIPEDIA Homosexuality and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Last edited by Shulem on Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moksha
God

Re: Official Homosexuality Thread for the Celestial Forum

Post by Moksha »

Where these men speaking as demons or apostles for the Lord.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:55 pm
Where these men speaking as demons or apostles for the Lord.

Those words in the very context they were given will be ever immortalized and ever serve as a an example of the the hatred the Church has fostered against the practice of homosexuality and that those who practice it should be punished. Nothing Church leaders today can say or do can change the past or hide those things up in an effort to lesson the impact of exposing the nature of the Mormon Church and the position it had against homosexual practice. Nothing, absolutely, nothing, can ever erase those words from Church history. They said what they meant and meant what they said. The policies and doctrine of the Church are abhorrent.

Let it be spoken upon the housetops and sounded in every ear. Let it be repeated and published over and over again to embarrass and target the Church in effort to expose its evil deeds. Members of the Church today need to know what their leaders have said and know all about the past sins of the Church they claim is true. Hopefully, more and more members will leave the Church and realize that it's a fraudulent organization led by men who don't deserve the honor and respect they demand of the members.

I know the Church is NOT true. I bear solemn testimony that the Church is a fraudulent organization. I also know the Book of Abraham is not true and that the Explanations of the Facsimiles are an abomination.

I so testify.

Shulem
Shulem
God

Backyard Professor

Post by Shulem »

And now for a very special treat presented by none other than the Backyard Professor, Kerry Shirts! This presentation provides an interesting analysis in better understanding biblical references to homosexuality and how scripture is commonly misunderstood by judgmental Christians and Mormons of our times. You will definitely learn new things with reference to homosexuality in the Bible. Kerry puts things in a whole new light and uses the original Greek and Hebrew scriptures to do just that. So please, put your King James Bible down and prepare to enter college. It's time to grow!

Presenting a 47 minute podcast (RATED PG):

THE BACKYARD PROFESSOR: 007: HOMOSEXUALITY AND SCRIPTURE CHALLENGING Mormon DODO-ISM
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:55 pm
Here is the video version...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_af7MWQOvv8

Last edited by Shulem on Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Everyone is welcome. Every opinion is welcome.* Therefore, do not "de-invite" anyone or suggest that they go elsewhere.
Last edited by Cultellus on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Backyard Professor

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:38 am
And now for a very special treat presented by none other than the Backyard Professor, Kerry Shirts! This presentation provides an interesting analysis in better understanding biblical references to homosexuality and how scripture is commonly misunderstood by judgmental Christians and Mormons of our times. You will definitely learn new things with reference to homosexuality in the Bible. Kerry puts things in a whole new light and uses the original Greek and Hebrew scriptures to do just that. So please, put your King James Bible down and prepare to enter college. It's time to grow!

Presenting a 47 minute podcast (RATED PG):

THE BACKYARD PROFESSOR: 007: HOMOSEXUALITY AND SCRIPTURE CHALLENGING Mormon DODO-ISM

Thanks Shulem. I kept hearing Holland and other GA's saying it is necessary to keep the commandments and not break them and sin etc., and then launching into homosexuality and such. So I looked to see where the commandments are against it, and discovered every single item used in scripture (not much at all) was misinterpreted and having modern ideas read back onto the ancient texts! So I did the video/podcast... it seems to me to be a very important video with lessons for all of us.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Here is the video version...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_af7MWQOvv8
Shulem
God

Re: Backyard Professor

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:50 pm
Thanks Shulem. I kept hearing Holland and other GA's saying it is necessary to keep the commandments and not break them and sin etc., and then launching into homosexuality and such. So I looked to see where the commandments are against it, and discovered every single item used in scripture (not much at all) was misinterpreted and having modern ideas read back onto the ancient texts! So I did the video/podcast... it seems to me to be a very important video with lessons for all of us.

Philo, I attached your quote to the video link in my first post introducing the podcast so readers can can choose which they prefer to access.

Indeed, it's always been an easy target whereby gays have ever been stepped on by religious organizations since the beginning of time and even by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which claims to have a direct line to the heavenly phone sitting on Jesus's desk in the Celestial Kingdom. (Just a little humor for a chuckle in which everyone can appreciate)

I can assure you, no, I CAN TESTIFY IN THE NAME OF LOVE, that relations between consenting gay couples practicing their sexual orientation between themselves is perfectly natural and right. It is filling the measure of their creation and learning to appreciate who they really are as humans express affection and intimate care. Love is love and nothing is greater. One can keep all the so-called commandments and pay their tithes and attend every meeting but if they deny others the right to express their love one for another then those commandments they were keeping don't amount to much because they will have killed love. And without love, what really do we have?