New Church Logo of Jesus in a Bell Jar?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Re: New Church Logo of Jesus in a Bell Jar?

Post by bill4long »

The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Shulem
God

The Sound of Music

Post by Shulem »

Allow me to say that at the core of my very being and within the essence of who I am, there is zero interest in embracing the idea of worshipping men dressed up in bedsheets. I find the whole concept repugnant and beneath me. I could go on and on about how the Christian religion grosses me out but this thread is not the place for that. I only want to say that a man presenting himself being wrapped about in what appears to be a bedsheet is quite disturbing to say the least. He looks like he escaped from a mental asylum and is dancing about like Maria in the hills and is late for Mass.

When it comes to Jesus, just say, “No!” But seriously, the Mormon statue of Jesus is simply another disturbing image of Christ and the world is moving beyond that sort of thing.
Moksha
God

Re: The Sound of Music

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:35 pm
When it comes to Jesus, just say, “No!” But seriously, the Mormon statue of Jesus is simply another disturbing image of Christ and the world is moving beyond that sort of thing.
Oh yeah?!!!

What about the ancient Beliefnet legend that when Godzilla attacks us, the Christ Redeemer statue from Brazil, Christ of the Ozarks, and our own Christus statue will come off their pedestal and do battle with the terrible lizard before it can crush us underfoot? I personally feel happy they will be helping out the Statue of Liberty!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace