Departure, Effectively with a Gun to My Head

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_William Schryver
_Emeritus

Re: Departure, Effectively with a Gun to My Head

Post by _William Schryver »

Nightingale:

And what about that whole "light of Christ" thing? Isn't it supposed to make a member of the Mormon Church better?

Unless this is you, being better. Yow. Scary thought.

Well, for better or worse, that’s probably the naked truth. Sorry it frightens you so much. I suppose it’s good that you no longer have to risk association with such unsavory types as I represent.

Tiktaalik:

You have to acknowledge that in terms of pure trolling abilities, the display put on in this thread by W.S. demonstrates some quality. In comparison, The Nehor's attempts at trolling are amateurish at best.

Actually, I’ve read some good stuff by The Nehor, thank you very much. However, he’s working at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to comparisons with me. He’s obviously not nearly as willing to play dirty as I am. That’s probably to his credit when it comes right down to it.

On the other hand, if you’re not willing to bite off a chunk of ear now and then, you’d better avoid fighting altogether. At least that’s always been my philosophy on the matter. :wink:
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...
_William Schryver
_Emeritus

antishock8 wrote:Gookie Cookie is just upset that he lost out on the lead female role in Moulin Rouge within his local theater troupe. I guess putting on stockings and repeating lines from Silence of the Lambs in the privacy of his own home doesn't give him the same thrill anymore. He needs that public voyeurism...

That's as good as you've got today?

Come on, antibrain, I know you can do better. I've seen you do better.

And besides, I never grow tired of lingerie, a full-length mirror, and a good script. And neither does my beautiful wife. :surprised:
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Tiktaalik wrote: You have to acknowledge that in terms of pure trolling abilities, the display put on in this thread by W.S. demonstrates some quality. In comparison, The Nehor's attempts at trolling are amateurish at best.

In just a few posts he's got at least 4 people attacking him when he hasn't posted a single thing of substance.

I suppose. I guess I just personally stopped taking anything he has to say seriously a couple years ago, so it all seems rather put on and intentional, and not in a way that makes what he's doing less than obvious. He's one of those guys that it's only partly amusing to make fun of because you realize that's really what he wants. Self-fulfilling persecution complex mixed with attention whoring... meh.

I don't know... I've seen way better trolls than this guy. He just invokes pity from me.

by the way, I never thought Nehor was trying to troll. I thought he was just trying to make people laugh. If he's a troll, he's either really awesome at it because I didn't realize what he's doing, or he's terrible because he doesn't make me upset (although it's blue moon rare that I get upset at a message board anyway).
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_William Schryver
_Emeritus

Schmo:
I don't know... I've seen way better trolls than this guy. He just invokes (sic) pity from me.

I think you mean "evokes" pity.

And I never claimed to be a troll. I'm freaking dead serious about everything I say here!

And nothing could be a more sincere and genuine expression of my true feelings than to inform you that you have evoked ... well ... nothing from me. I consider you as close to a non-entity as a human being can become without disappearing entirely into thin air.

They could use the accumulated substance of your intellectual output over the years to raise the Hindenburg again.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

It seems that things got pretty nasty on this board. It is not surprising. When I first came to this board there were posters who were attempting to insult and mock the lds posters. It went unchecked at first. But then after I departed for a while and returned I thought that things improved on the board. There was a more hands on moderation policy. And things were looking up.

But now, there is a backward slide. The board has again become a nasty place to hang one's hat. If I were a lurker reading this thread and a couple of other threads, my impression would not be a positive one of this board. There seems to be too much hatred toward posters. And it is not good. My prediction is simple: unless Shades takes the upper hand, this board will fall like a sandcastle beneath a wave. And it will be sad if it does. The board does have good potential.

It seems that Scratch got out just in time. I am sure that he has a huge smile on his face now. He must be eating popcorn watching the board self-destruct.

Shades, I hope that you can save your board. It is a good board if the moderating improves and the more mocking posts can be deleted sooner than later.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_antishock8
_Emeritus

Post by _antishock8 »

William Schryver wrote:
antishock8 wrote:Gookie Cookie is just upset that he lost out on the lead female role in Moulin Rouge within his local theater troupe. I guess putting on stockings and repeating lines from Silence of the Lambs in the privacy of his own home doesn't give him the same thrill anymore. He needs that public voyeurism...

That's as good as you've got today?

Come on, antibrain, I know you can do better. I've seen you do better.

And besides, I never grow tired of lingerie, a full-length mirror, and a good script. And neither does my beautiful wife. :surprised:

Your "beautiful" wife prefers to see you in lingerie dancing to Goodbye Horses? Coach, I thought you were weird before, but this is getting downright surreal. Omg. Do you wear girl panites while coaching your HS baseball team? Jesus, girlfriend.
You can’t trust adults to tell you the truth.

Scream the lie, whisper the retraction.- The Left
_William Schryver
_Emeritus

Your "beautiful" wife prefers to see you in lingerie dancing to Goodbye Horses? Coach, I thought you were weird before, but this is getting downright surreal. Omg. Do you wear girl panites while coaching your HS baseball team? Jesus, girlfriend.

That's right, antibrain, every time I coach a baseball team, I'm wearing women's panties under my cup. Softens the blow of those unexpected foul balls, if you know what I mean.

And just so you understand the ground rules here, you can look -- but you can never touch. I'm saving myself for the big leagues.

[Mmmmmmmmm ........... silk ..............]

You know (changing the subject momentarily) I'm just a bit surprised, and not a little chagrined, that The Dude hasn't dropped in to say hello since my glorious return.

Must be hard to find an affordable rug cleaner in New York City these days.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

William Schryver wrote: And nothing could be a more sincere and genuine expression of my true feelings than to inform you that you have evoked ... well ... nothing from me. I consider you as close to a non-entity as a human being can become without disappearing entirely into thin air.

They could use the accumulated substance of your intellectual output over the years to raise the Hindenburg again.

That's it? Pffft.

See, Tik? Weak.

*shrug*
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

William Schryver wrote:played the organ for the past decade

:lol:
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

William Schryver wrote:Schmo:
I don't know... I've seen way better trolls than this guy. He just invokes (sic) pity from me.

I think you mean "evokes" pity.

by the way, that's not a mistake. It certainly seems you're trying to invoke pity, whether you're conscious of it or not.