Mormon Discussions needs your help!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Mormon Discussions needs your help!

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:25 pm
Thanks to seven generous donators so far, we've almost reached our goal of $500.00 to secure the old domain name and the database. (Am I allowed to name the specific amount we've raised?) By means of total transparency, the gatekeeper to both of these things, Mav, is being very difficult to get in touch with, but if we aren't eventually successful all funds will be used for next year's hosting. Or refunded, at the donors' preference.

TO THOSE SEVEN DONORS: I APPRECIATE YOU INCREDIBLY MUCH!! I could kiss each of you right now. You could even say that I love you.

EVERONE: I can't possibly stress enough how instrumental Dean Robbers, a.k.a. the user "Gadianton" who started this thread, has been to the rescue of Mormon Discussions, t.k.a. (temporarily known as) "DiscussMormonism.com." I honestly can't thank him enough. That's not hyperbole; I literally can't thank him enough. The old features such as titles, autocorrect, etc. will come creeping back steadily, and I'm confident that we (oh, who am I kidding? "He") will be able to add more useful tweaks, additions, and features to enhance everyone's experience here as time goes on.

To give credit where credit is due, there have been a few others who were HELPFUL BEYOND MEASURE in the board's rescue, but I don't know if they wish to be identified. Let any or all of them come forth as any or all of them wish.

GADIANTON, a.k.a. GADIANTON P. ROBBERS, a.k.a. DEAN ROBBERS, a huge and hearty THANK YOU for saving my baby!!
I am astounded at the generosity and strength of our MDB community. I am grateful to everyone who showed such strong support for the board that made it possible for us to continue to enjoy our discussions. I am especially grateful to Dean Robbers and those who have placed us on a more functional forum!

Thanks also to you, Dr. Shades. You are the person who has kept this community together for all this time. The Mopologists couldn't manage to keep a board going as long as you did. And, let's acknowledge that your board has always been better than the competition!

Thanks to you all. You Rock!!!
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:42 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:25 pm
Thanks to seven generous donators so far, we've almost reached our goal of $500.00 to secure the old domain name and the database. (Am I allowed to name the specific amount we've raised?) By means of total transparency, the gatekeeper to both of these things, Mav, is being very difficult to get in touch with, but if we aren't eventually successful all funds will be used for next year's hosting. Or refunded, at the donors' preference.

TO THOSE SEVEN DONORS: I APPRECIATE YOU INCREDIBLY MUCH!! I could kiss each of you right now. You could even say that I love you.

EVERONE: I can't possibly stress enough how instrumental Dean Robbers, a.k.a. the user "Gadianton" who started this thread, has been to the rescue of Mormon Discussions, t.k.a. (temporarily known as) "DiscussMormonism.com." I honestly can't thank him enough. That's not hyperbole; I literally can't thank him enough. The old features such as titles, autocorrect, etc. will come creeping back steadily, and I'm confident that we (oh, who am I kidding? "He") will be able to add more useful tweaks, additions, and features to enhance everyone's experience here as time goes on.

To give credit where credit is due, there have been a few others who were HELPFUL BEYOND MEASURE in the board's rescue, but I don't know if they wish to be identified. Let any or all of them come forth as any or all of them wish.

GADIANTON, a.k.a. GADIANTON P. ROBBERS, a.k.a. DEAN ROBBERS, a huge and hearty THANK YOU for saving my baby!!
I am astounded at the generosity and strength of our MDB community. I am grateful to everyone who showed such strong support for the board that made it possible for us to continue to enjoy our discussions. I am especially grateful to Dean Robbers and those who have placed us on a more functional forum!

Thanks also to you, Dr. Shades. You are the person who has kept this community together for all this time. The Mopologists couldn't manage to keep a board going as long as you did. And, let's acknowledge that your board has always been better than the competition!

Thanks to you all. You Rock!!!
Well said. Thanks to all those who helped make this happen!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Thanks Shades. It's a bit uncomfortable accepting praise for this board since once we got through the other stuff, putting up a new phpBB board is easier than installing an iPhone app. I will take a tiny bit of thanks for my part such that it was, though it was only one part, for the other stuff. So for that; you're welcome.

And just a note for others about this thread. I did the fundraiser thread to avoid Shades having to trumpet himself. Other than posting this thread, I have nothing to do with the donations. I'm not privy to who donated or who much each person donated etc..
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

In case anyone asks about the new name it must be considered that for such alterations to take place in the IP naming scheme, the address was subjected to a powerful dosage of Bizarro rays, hence the new name Discuss Mormonism Board.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Thanks to multiple generous donors, we have met our goal of $500.00 (plus a little extra)! This will, of course, be used to pay Mav the $500.00 we offered him for the domain name and database, along with a little effort on his part to make the transition happen. As I said before, we're still waiting on him to contact us, so if it doesn't happen, any one of our donors are free to either let the money be applied toward next year's hosting fees OR demand a refund, at their preference.

So, from the bottom of my heart, an enormous THANK YOU to everyone who donated so generously!! I love you. I really, really love you.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024