Apostolic Twittering....official or not?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Re: Apostolic Twittering....official or not?

Post by _Runtu »

Water Dog wrote:Based on BC's definition of official doctrine, I suppose that depends on whether the apostle tweets while he's on the clock or not, lol. The better question to ask is whether his tweets are going through correlation. I would bet they probably are. Obama doesn't do any of his own tweets, why would Ballard?

There's no way in hell the church would put something out, even on Twitter, without passing it through correlation.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Aoife
_Emeritus

Post by _Aoife »

consiglieri wrote:This has disaster written all over it.

Exactly. I thought the #AskAMormon fiasco would have been lesson enough.
_ZelphtheGreat
_Emeritus

Post by _ZelphtheGreat »

If they are so stupid as to get on that silliness they deserve what happens.
“If paying tithing means that you can’t pay for water or electricity, pay tithing. If paying tithing means that you can’t pay your rent, pay tithing. Even if paying tithing means that you don’t have enough money to feed your family, pay tithing." Ensign/2012/12
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

Dang, I'm bummed nobody got my joke. It was too subtle, or just not as funny as I thought it was. That'd be par for the course.
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

I suppose that depends on whether the apostle tweets while he's on the clock or not

According to the Church's stance on doctrine, it depends on whether or not it's officially published by the Church.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

Sethbag wrote:Dang, I'm bummed nobody got my joke. It was too subtle, or just not as funny as I thought it was. That'd be par for the course.

Don't worry !
The best jokes are the consisting of most truth... They should sound real.

After WW II there was an echte Hungarian joke:
"Didn't you know the new rumour? Everything is true..."
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

It seems it would be easy for the enemies of the church to hack the Twitter accounts and alter the words of the prophets in an attempt to confound them, like they did with the 116 pages.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Aoife
_Emeritus

Post by _Aoife »

Sethbag wrote:Dang, I'm bummed nobody got my joke. It was too subtle, or just not as funny as I thought it was. That'd be par for the course.

I got it, and chuckled! I can eyeball 140 characters quickly with fairly impressive accuracy (I manage social media as part of my job responsibilities). I just didn't see it before my post and I had to deliberate on whether to post again.
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Post by _CameronMO »

DarkHelmet wrote:It seems it would be easy for the enemies of the church to hack the Twitter accounts and alter the words of the prophets in an attempt to confound them, like they did with the 116 pages.

:lol:

Maybe all their passwords are Pioneer47 like the church wifi.
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Post by _CameronMO »

Man, those apostles are tearing-up Twitter. :rolleyes:

https://Twitter.com/M_RBallard

https://Twitter.com/J_R_Holland

This is just another step Church leaders are taking to use social media to share the gospel and communicate with the world.
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/m ... es-twitter
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.