Mormons sue polygamist

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Re: Mormons sue polygamist

Post by _ludwigm »

Up to now, I used to think that those entities mentioned in that article are churches. Different ones.

In the light of this, the title "Mormons sue (whatever/whoever)" makes no sense. They (Mormons) are ... what they are?

As I remember, maklelan have a definition for "Mormons" --- different to "LDS church in SLC". I couldn't find it by builtin search engine.
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

It's all about protecting the brand.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

ludwigm wrote:Up to now, I used to think that those entities mentioned in that article are churches. Different ones.

In the light of this, the title "Mormons sue (whatever/whoever)" makes no sense. They (Mormons) are ... what they are?

As I remember, maklelan have a definition for "Mormons" --- different to "LDS church in Salt Lake City". I couldn't find it by builtin search engine.

It's not about the term Mormon.

"Blackmore registered the name, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Inc., in 2010."

I think the LDS church has a case with this one.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

More power to the LDS Church on this one. They alone should have the rights to the name The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Inc.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace