Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by consiglieri »

One more page, people!

You can do it!

Put your shoulder to the wheel

The first round in the promised land is on me!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:16 pm
On a related note, there seems to be a decided effort afoot to portray Rosebud as completely uninvolved in all the recent publicity given her cause by her defenders du jour.

Even James Patterson has fallen on his sword, proclaiming he has no contact with Rosebud; this after at least a hundred pages of pretending otherwise.

Is the his part of the plan, or are these people really running out to promote Rosebud’s cause with no direction from her?
I mean, that's what she says on her Facebook (which I don't really believe). However, if true, good god damn it makes JP look like a weird dude. Even worse, if she is collaborating with JP she just threw him under the bus or let him fall on his sword for her (m'lady). Either way it's pretty gross.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

consiglieri wrote:
On a related note, there seems to be a decided effort afoot to portray Rosebud as completely uninvolved in all the recent publicity given her cause by her defenders du jour.

Even James Patterson has fallen on his sword, proclaiming he has no contact with Rosebud; this after at least a hundred pages of pretending otherwise.

Is the his part of the plan, or are these people really running out to promote Rosebud’s cause with no direction from her?
Given JP's admission that he was redacting certain documents on her behalf, and that there was a sudden release of documents in her possession corresponding in time with the latest round of drama, I find his proclamation to be...suspect, to say the least.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

consiglieri wrote:

All of this has been nothing but one deception after another going back nearly 10 years on this board alone. There's no connecting the dots here and there never will be.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:18 pm
One more page, people!

You can do it!

For the guy who is in my ear buds for at least an hour every week I put forth my effort to push us to the 200th page on the on going soap opera that will be forgotten soon. For all of this back and forth I really wonder consiglieri, what does god need with a starship?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

consiglieri wrote:
One more page, people!

You can do it!

Et tu, consig?

You do realize that this board has a page cap on threads, right? When it reaches 200 pages, the thread will automatically self destruct never to be seen again.

I so solemnly swear.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Rivendale wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:45 pm
consiglieri wrote:
One more page, people!

You can do it!

For the guy who is in my ear buds for at least an hour every week I put forth my effort to push us to the 200th page on the on going soap opera that will be forgotten soon. For all of this back and forth I really wonder consiglieri, what does god need with a starship?
You called it right there. Soap opera. The only way for it to come back as a topic (I think) is if Rosebud comes up with another scheme to resurrect it and even then, I think her credibility and John Dehlin's as well, is shot to hell forever and all time. Her credibility was pretty much shot when she first started metastasizing on this board.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:52 pm
Kish,

I feel ya, and your post is of course sensible. However, I'd like to remind you there are a lot of dumb adults who make children. Sometimes it takes dummies like myself an actual experience in order to learn from it it - we're not clever enough to learn from others' mistakes. I just think that a lot of women have been "groomed" by our culture or society writ large with regard to many aspects of their identity that lends itself to giving in, or putting other people's desires before their own for approval, or being fearful, or falling into a gender trap or whatever. I can see Rosebud being raised in a way where she was relatively naïve to other men or even 'man world', having been married to an ostensible autist, and who knows how much interaction she had with men where she'd be afforded the opportunity to develop boundaries, prior to getting into it with John Dehlin? All I'm saying from her writing is that she's been conducting a sort of public after action review. I doubt the Rosebud now would allow herself to get involved with another Dehlin, because she appears to have learned some life lessons and thus gained wisdom. Rosebud back then versus Rosebud now, like all of us as we age and learn, are two different people.

I still think she needs to let go of the vendetta, though. But I think I understand what she's trying to do, even though she does it like a complete and utter moron.

- Doc
I don't think she does it like a moron. I think she does it like a very naïve person who has no solid strategy in place and she's done it for years here. How many times did our posters (including myself) tell her that if she had a case re:employment to take the issue to court? How many damn times? And then she'd revert to something dodge-ish when pressed. She didn't sue the org or the man because she had no case and she knew it. So she vomited all her crap right here on our floor. For the historians.

I called it cat and mouse nearly from the beginning. Her posting habits were cat and mouse and when I read her posted communications with Dehlin, I see the same cat and mouse game. Not that he didn't play it himself of course.

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Who is behind the "DearJohnDehlin" site?

If Rosebud has not been using James Patterson as an intermediary, that makes yet another supposed Rosebud advocate pushing a false narrative for their own gain.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:23 pm
consiglieri wrote:

I mean, that's what she says on her Facebook (which I don't really believe). However, if true, good god damn it makes JP look like a weird dude. Even worse, if she is collaborating with JP she just threw him under the bus or let him fall on his sword for her (m'lady). Either way it's pretty gross.

- Doc
It's not just gross and add dishonest. It's pretty damn dysfunctional if you ask me. This whole thing :roll: going back to whenever on this board has been a case study in dysfunctional and dishonest behavior on her part. Now that we've seen some of the text exchanges and Dehlin's comments on this very thread (recall he posted on MDB a couple of times re:Rosebud) we can add his dysfunction and dishonesty to the mix.

It's so completely effed up.

Slava Ukraini!