Church Considering Worthiness Interviews of 8-11 year olds?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Church Considering Worthiness Interviews of 8-11 year ol

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Shulem wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Should the Mormon Church Conduct Worthiness Interviews for 8-11 Year Old Children?

I get the impression that you object to the idea of bishops and church leaders asking little 8 year old boys & girls if they touch themselves inappropriately? Don't you think bishops should be questioning all the kids to make sure they don't touch themselves down there? They must be morally clean!!

Seriously though, I can only imagine that such interrogation from church leaders towards little children would be crossing a red line which government would have to step in and put a stop to that kind of child abuse. Right? That's taking it too far and something has to be done.

I think they should just assign the interviews to pediatrician's and start in the delivery room.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Sounds like the Church may have been testing the waters to appease those pushing for earlier grooming.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Jersey Girl wrote:I think they should just assign the interviews to pediatrician's and start in the delivery room.

Chastity belts for babies?

:redface:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Have any of these primary children touched themselves inappropriately in private?

The bishop will find out and deal with it.

Somebody is in trouble
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Never not once!

We're morally clean!

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I refuse to touch it or even look at it! I'm morally clean.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I'm glad we had this little talk. It's our special secret and only Heavenly Father can know about it. You can tell me anything and Heavenly Father will help us fix it.

Thank you bishop, I know I can tell you anything and even my secrets . . . .
_MonkeyNumber9
_Emeritus

Post by _MonkeyNumber9 »

Wow, just listened to this interview between a bishop and a father concerning the bishop asking sexual questions to the guy's 8-year old son during a baptism worthiness interview.

After being horrified, my second thought was that this bishop could make a first-rate apologist someday.

After continuing to listen, with the creep-factor kicking in more and more, it dawned on me that I'd heard this style of speaking before, like with the Leah and Cody Young interview with their SP, and others.

For Mormons that grew up with this style of speaking it probably seems totally normal -- or does it? Is this the way most bishops and SPs, etc. speak? I don't mean the subject matter, per se, I mean the slow, calm delivery, the seemingly logical arguments that are often just cleverly worded deflection tactics, the highly articulate nature and intelligence of the speaker, the "Sorry you feel that" way flipping of the blame, the subtle shaming and guilting, the "I'm just following orders" cowardice, the masterful use of pseudo-convincing pseudo-lawyer-speak, the fear-mongering and Satan-invoking, etc.

Wow:

Mormon Bishop defends sexual questions to 8-year-old when confronted by dad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHdw10y8ABM
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

MonkeyNumber9 wrote:Wow, just listened to this interview between a bishop and a father concerning the bishop asking sexual questions to the guy's 8-year old son during a baptism worthiness interview.

What is going on here?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace