The cost of renovating the Salt Lake Temple.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

The cost of renovating the Salt Lake Temple.

Post by _I have a question »

The Salt Lake Temple has accumulated works of art, artifacts, stained glass, furniture, records, and much more since it was dedicated in 1893.

A Church Newsroom article states that some of the artifacts from the Salt Lake Temple will be on display at the Conference Center during the renovation.

Furniture from the Salt Lake Temple will be stored at various warehouses and other church facilities.

Experts are removing stained glass and other historic light fixtures that need to be protected during the construction and renovation.

Andy Kirby, the director of historic temple renovations the decommissioning process lets the church take care of what is inside the temple.

“Even as this temple becomes a construction site, we never lose sight of its sacred purpose and history,” Kirby says.

In addition to the decommissioning the Salt Lake Temple, the church is removing some walls around Temple Square and one of the visitor centers.

The renovation and seismic upgrade of the Salt Lake Temple is expected to take until 2024.

https://fox13now.com/2020/01/07/salt-la ... ed-temple/

How many years worth of Humanitarian spending ($40 million) will this cost?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: The cost of renovating the Salt Lake Temple.

Post by _Shulem »

The church doesn't give a damn about humanitarian needs around the world. The church is only into PR and how it looks and balancing that with keeping as much money as possible in their bank account. If the church truly cared about the poor and needy it would give until it hurts -- a real sacrifice, a contribution that would test its own faith.

What might the church do today to test its faith that it's really a Christian church? I'll tell you: Give 100 billion dollars to worthy and deserving humanitarian causes around the world. All of it! Today! No delays and no excuses. All that the Church has belongs to the Lord and his suffering children are in need. But the church leaders who have set up that secret account love money and power more than anything. They had their reward.

There.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

It'll cost, er, $100 Billion. Super secret investment and laundering company was just hired to do the work. So long EPA.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The contractors who renovate the Salt Lake Temple will be richly rewarded both over and under the table. Lot's of money will change hands and those specially selected to do the work will be well compensated by The Church of Jesus Christ of 100 Billion-dollars.
_Mormon 8
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormon 8 »

It's not a church, it's a powerful and extremely wealthy Babylonian real estate corporation masquerading as a religion.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Mormon 8 wrote:It's not a church, it's a powerful and extremely wealthy Babylonian real estate corporation masquerading as a religion.

Duh. I know that. But they do include the word "Church" in the stupid name of their organization. They do have tax exempt status. They are branded as a church.
_Mormon 8
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormon 8 »

Shulem wrote:
Mormon 8 wrote:It's not a church, it's a powerful and extremely wealthy Babylonian real estate corporation masquerading as a religion.

Duh. I know that. But they do include the word "Church" in the stupid name of their organization. They do have tax exempt status. They are branded as a church.

:wink:
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Preliminary Budget

Seismic Upgrade to include Shock Absorbing Base $250 - 300 Million

SL Temple Improvements/Renovations - $75 - 125 Million

New Outbuildings - $65 - 85 Million

New Grounds and Landscaping - $15 - 25 Million

Contingency Fund for Unforeseeable $100 - 275 Million

These are planning Budgets. It could go higher
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Why is the Church spending this much money to renovate the Salt Lake Temple when the Church is expected to move back to Missouri soon in anticipation of the second coming???
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Have the Mormons ditched the whole going back to Missouri thing now? Man, that used to be a big part of our doctrine when I was growing up. Really freaked out young Dr. Cam, To be honest.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.