Three Powerful Books

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Three Powerful Books

Post by _Lemmie »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:48 am

Not an attack, ma’am.
Really?
mentalgymnast wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:48 pm
You’re full of crap..
Your words betray you. And somehow you think THIS excuses you?!!
My hyperbole was made somewhat in jest, but alas, you can’t seem to comprehend/see it.
Lol. A feeble excuse. You attack people when your point fails. Its your trademark.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:13 am

I noticed that you posted after this post. The fact is, Themis, you got it wrong for the reasons I’m re-posting here again. Along with Lemmie your judgment calls are not always spot on.

Admit it.

Your batting average is on the low side.

Regards,
MG
You do realize I quoted part of your post above, but I suspect you are trying to distract from what I said. I said you are basing your beliefs on flawed spiritual interpretation and other very subjective experiences. You've admitted the spiritual experience is not free from error or bias. Can you suggest more objective ones?

by the way Flawed spiritual experiences that are not part of what you normally experience doesn't establish a supernatural source of the experience.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Mg , I was glad you agreed that science has an important role for us , even in helping us understand religious things. I have thought that at least some strands of Mormon beliefs are quite open to scientific thinking and encourage that. Certainly other branches of Christianity do as well but perhaps for some not so much.

I have not seen where you see science fitting into an understanding of what the Book of Mormon is. I get the general view that you see as important how well the LDS church helps you live a postive life. You see the gospel as presented there a good enough thing that that very quality is a positive evidence. I can see the sense of that. It is real evidence but I can not see it as very conclusive evidence. It is very difficult to discuss that evidence because different people have different views about the effectiveness. I see it as mixed at best. I certainly would not deny that there are positives.

Several comments above touch on my cautionary comments about being guided by the spirit. I could add a touch of clarification. I do not think God responds well to being treated like a crystal ball. Instead of lots of answers we get encouragement and pointers in directions to help us live. I do not see the fact that all sorts of differing religious beliefs have people receiving inspiration from God cancils the value of inspiration. God is not much for giving out doctrinal solotions the best that I can see but wants us to find him in our living.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:53 am
MG to Lemmee
Not an attack, ma’am. Just throwing some stuff out there. If the shoe fits, then so be it. As I’ve said before, it appears that you are humor impaired. My hyperbole was made somewhat in jest, but alas, you can’t seem to comprehend/see it.
That is what Trump says everyday as he also is caught in his lies. You have learned your lessons from your master well ObeeMentalOne
:lol:
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:02 am
When I consider who the ‘everyones’ are. That doesn’t surprise me.

I’m obviously fighting against the grain and swimming against the current.

I’m surprised actually, that Lemmie, for one, doesn’t have me on ignore. She’s a real time waster.

I appreciate the fact that this time around, compared to a few years ago, I’m able to speak without being immediately shouted down by a whole host of folks. That’s why I come and go though. I realize that the positions I take cause a tsunami of reactions, mostly negative. It doesn’t surprise me. I realize I’m cutting into a narrative that is near and dear to the hearts of many here.

But it is what it is.

For my own well being I have to leave now and then because this place is rather toxic and dark.

Not much in the way of sunshine and lollipops.

That time is coming up pretty quick.

‘Sigh of relief from the peanut gallery’ 👍

Regards,
MG
Oh you're such a victim and a hero aren't you...

The reality is that you spew intellectual dishonesty, get shown to be wrong time and time and time again, get called out on your frequent self contradictions, your nastiness towards posters you perceive to be female, your trolling, your hijacking of threads, your vomit of self indulgent over entitlement. You're a ridiculously toxic poster who I hope isn't a reflection of your real life persona. You come here to quieten your own doubts, plain and simple. And when your thoughts and opinions get laughed out of town for the obvious untruthful and untenable and irrational nonsense that they are you act all butt hurt because it validates the self image you want to hold.

The toxicity and darkness come from you. Think about that. Browse this forum when you're not disrupting threads trying to make them all about you and see how good it is. Then go and quietly get over yourself you ridiculous infantile spoilt little brat.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

I have a question wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:53 am
Nope.

Regards,
MG
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Lemmie wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:12 am
You attack people when your point fails. Its your trademark.
What was the point? What was the ‘fail’?

Regards,
MG
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

I have a question wrote:
Browse this forum when you're not disrupting threads trying to make them all about you...
That is untrue. Along with the other vile accusations which I won’t repeat. You are a liar. The darkness lies within you as you malign the CoJCoLDS and what it represents.

I would expect that when homeostasis is the norm around here it’s simply a result of almost everyone being on the same page in regards to their antagonism towards the CoJCoLDS or it’s members. No surprise there.

When I call you out for what you are and what you’re doing, you go ballistic. And of course you would call anyone that questions or makes waves in your pre-existing paradigm, intellectually dishonest. What other course of action do you have in order to protect your house of cards?

Regards,
MG
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

mentalgymnast,

Let me make a suggestion. If you have a friend or loved one that you completely trust, please have them read this thread and give their honest opinion about your behavior. If they have your best interest at heart they will undoubtedly tell you to stop posting.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:49 pm
mentalgymnast,

Let me make a suggestion. If you have a friend or loved one that you completely trust, please have them read this thread and give their honest opinion about your behavior. If they have your best interest at heart they will undoubtedly tell you to stop posting.
My guess is their opinion wouldn’t be all that different from IHAQ’s very on point and much appreciated post.
I have a question wrote:

The reality is that you spew intellectual dishonesty, get shown to be wrong time and time and time again, get called out on your frequent self contradictions, your nastiness towards posters you perceive to be female, your trolling, your hijacking of threads, your vomit of self indulgent over entitlement. You're a ridiculously toxic poster who I hope isn't a reflection of your real life persona. You come here to quieten your own doubts, plain and simple. And when your thoughts and opinions get laughed out of town for the obvious untruthful and untenable and irrational nonsense that they are you act all butt hurt because it validates the self image you want to hold.

The toxicity and darkness come from you. Think about that. Browse this forum when you're not disrupting threads trying to make them all about you and see how good it is. Then go and quietly get over yourself you ridiculous infantile spoilt little brat.