Steve Smoot is a Cruise Lady Tour Guide?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Stig
_Emeritus

Re: Steve Smoot is a Cruise Lady Tour Guide?

Post by _The Stig »

You can't make this stuff up, folks. You just can't. [smh]
_Yahoo Bot
_Emeritus

Post by _Yahoo Bot »

I think it is disgusting. But I hate cruises, so I'm biased. I'll get on a boat to sport fish, but not to hear some twit.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Yahoo Bot wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:48 pm
I think it is disgusting. But I hate cruises, so I'm biased. I'll get on a boat to sport fish, but not to hear some twit.
I enjoy cruises, but I don’t waste a mindless good time on infotainment. Too much information there, and not much of it accurate.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

TBM: Have you any tours or tickets?

(Brother Smoot steps up to the TBM and interjects his query.)

SMOOT: Have you any money?

TBM: We have credit cards with healthy limits.

SMOOT: You can buy anything in this world with credit.

TBM: Do you sell your tours or tickets online? You have a website, I presume.

TOUR LADY: I have them, but I do not accept Discover. I hold Visa or American Express sacred. I am looking forward to the further light and knowledge Brother Smoot promised us.

- Doc
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

The Mopologists have always tried to downplay the "priestcraft-y" elements of these tours, but after a certain point, you kind of have to say, "Gimme a break!" DCP, for instance, emphasizes over and over again that he doesn't get paid for these things, and yet, all his travel, lodging, and food costs get covered, and these things cost thousands of dollars.

And so now here we have Smoot, sans PhD, who has somehow snagged a spot on the Cruise Lady's roster of guides. You have to wonder if this was sort of held out to him as a kind of "temptation" or a means of ensuring his loyalty. I.e., as long as he stays committed to the Mopologetic cause, then he will get the "hook-up" as far as these cruises are concerned. Conversely, it will get taken away if he ever dares to (e.g.) suggest that the LGT is flawed.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch
I.e., as long as he stays committed to the Mopologetic cause, then he will get the "hook-up" as far as these cruises are concerned. Conversely, it will get taken away if he ever dares to (e.g.) suggest that the LGT is flawed.
Mormonism in a nutshell.....from the larger church perspective, what is hanging over their heads is their own godhood. The ultimate carrot and a stick... ultimate egotism. It's why they can't tell the truth, it causes them to lose everything they are promised, so they defend, no matter how patently absurd it is. No wonder they can get VERY self righteous about it......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."