Question for RfM (bear with me)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
slskipper
Sunbeam

Question for RfM (bear with me)

Post by slskipper »

Dear RfM: what with Holland's muskets and a General Conference that appalled even many TBMs and now the Elder Stevenson revelation, it seems that things are so bad that there are no words to describe it. Is there even an angle for a podcast with actual words, as opposed to sixty minutes of stunned silence? I ask slightly in jest, but in my opinion things are getting so bad that the time for humoring people is fading into the distance. Responses to my post by people other than RfM are also quite welcome. Thank you all.
drumdude
God

Re: Question for RfM (bear with me)

Post by drumdude »

I usually follow these things closely, but to be honest I don't think the muskets line from Holland is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I can see how it might be taken as a dog whistle call to violence to the DezNat crowd, but really I don't think Holland is that in tune with Mormonism to be able to actually come up with something that complicated. I think he was just oblivious and said something stupid. He is a dodo, after all.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

slskipper wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:26 am
Dear RfM: what with Holland's muskets and a General Conference that appalled even many TBMs and now the Elder Stevenson revelation, it seems that things are so bad that there are no words to describe it. Is there even an angle for a podcast with actual words, as opposed to sixty minutes of stunned silence? I ask slightly in jest, but in my opinion things are getting so bad that the time for humoring people is fading into the distance. Responses to my post by people other than RfM are also quite welcome. Thank you all.
Yes.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

What is “The Elder Stevenson Revelation?”
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
SaturdaysVoyeur
CTR A

Post by SaturdaysVoyeur »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:34 am
I usually follow these things closely, but to be honest I don't think the muskets line from Holland is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I can see how it might be taken as a dog whistle call to violence to the DezNat crowd, but really I don't think Holland is that in tune with Mormonism to be able to actually come up with something that complicated. I think he was just oblivious and said something stupid. He is a dodo, after all.
I doubt he's that in tune with LGBT issues to realize that violence against them is a serious ongoing problem. It was still unfortunate wording, but his overall point was worse (in my opinion).
Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:56 am
The brethren are lifting the rules against allowing apostles to sit on corporate boards, so that Stevenson can rake in as much as a billion dollars in stock sales.

Not that I watched General Conference. I just looked at the headlines and stood all amazed that these men look exactly the same as they did in 1995.
Last edited by SaturdaysVoyeur on Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:56 am
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=154125