Mormon underwear

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Mormon underwear

Post by Atlanticmike »

Mormon underwear saved my uncles life. Yep!! Garments saved him, can you believe that! When I was young we would go hunting at a local hunt club in North Carolina. We would all pile in to the bed of a bunch of pick up trucks and drive off down a bunch of dirt roads being dropped off one by one do we could climb tree stands about 150 yards apart, all in a straight line and about three rows if I remember correctly. Once everyone was in there stands they would let’s the dogs loose about two miles away and run them straight toward us. I’ve never seen so many deer! It was great! But one day my uncle decided to get down out of his stand and go pee behind a tree like an idiot. Well, he was in the first row and after he zipped his pants he headed back to the stand but before he could get to the ladder a pissed off buck came up to him and started thrashing him with his antlers! My uncle had gouges in his legs and one on his face but since he was wearing his garments, he didn’t even have a bruise where they covered his body. It’s my testimony that the holy garments are a protection from evil and they can save your life if you are ever in a tough spot and need heavenly fathers help!

Does anyone else have a positive story about garments helping them get out of a pickle??
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: Mormon underwear

Post by Binger »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:28 am
Mormon underwear saved my uncles life. Yep!! Garments saved him, can you believe that! When I was young we would go hunting at a local hunt club in North Carolina. We would all pile in to the bed of a bunch of pick up trucks and drive off down a bunch of dirt roads being dropped off one by one do we could climb tree stands about 150 yards apart, all in a straight line and about three rows if I remember correctly. Once everyone was in there stands they would let’s the dogs loose about two miles away and run them straight toward us. I’ve never seen so many deer! It was great! But one day my uncle decided to get down out of his stand and go pee behind a tree like an idiot. Well, he was in the first row and after he zipped his pants he headed back to the stand but before he could get to the ladder a pissed off buck came up to him and started thrashing him with his antlers! My uncle had gouges in his legs and one on his face but since he was wearing his garments, he didn’t even have a bruise where they covered his body. It’s my testimony that the holy garments are a protection from evil and they can save your life if you are ever in a tough spot and need heavenly fathers help!

Does anyone else have a positive story about garments helping them get out of a pickle??
He was probably wearing the one-piece for it to work like that.
sock puppet
2nd Counselor

Post by sock puppet »

Atlanticmike wrote:

A buck that is pissed off about being chased by dogs is evil?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

I'm positive I threw mine away and it was a great day when I did.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

The Stig wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:31 pm
Ditto. All they were good for was protecting me from comfort in the summer heat.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

No big garment miracles for myself. I'm glad your uncle was able to have a positive experience with them even if I suspect he would have come out exactly the same without them.

I know it is because I am a male who only wore garments after a lot of the better fabrics were released and never wore the onesies but I didn't hate them all that much. They just... were. For me they were longer than underwear I was used to but otherwise a very similar cut. I recognize they were immensely uncomfortable for my partner and I've heard plenty of complaints that they aren't very accomodating for a lot of different body types.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:33 pm
The Stig wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:31 pm
Ditto. All they were good for was protecting me from comfort in the summer heat.
Not to mention the 'protection' of knowing you were being controlled right down to what you wore under your clothing. I frequently shake my head at what I once believed.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

I understood the point of the big smile cut on the shirts was to show off the big smile through a shirt. I never understood why the v-neck cuts were so crappy and why the crew neck cuts looked like K-Mart commissioned them.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Atlanticmike wrote:
It’s my testimony that the holy garments are a protection from evil and they can save your life if you are ever in a tough spot and need heavenly fathers help! Does anyone else have a positive story about garments helping them get out of a pickle??
I think millions and millions of Mormons have positive experiences with garments saving their lives from harm and accidents. It's one of the reasons that Mormons who wear garments are spared injury from automobile accidents, industrial accidents and accidents from just being clumsy.

It's why you seldom, if ever, see Mormons who wear garments in the emergency room or hospital due to accidents/injuries. If you don't believe me, then just look at the statics on Mormons being injured in accidents. Mormons who wear garments clearly aren't injured as much as the general population.

:D ;)
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

Binger wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:48 pm
I understood the point of the big smile cut on the shirts was to show off the big smile through a shirt. I never understood why the v-neck cuts were so crappy and why the crew neck cuts looked like K-Mart commissioned them.
They had to find something to do with all those machines and left over inventory after the big K went under.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon