Seeing what you want to see …

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
malkie
God

Re: Seeing what you want to see …

Post by malkie »

Salvete wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:04 pm
DaveIsHere wrote:
I have no bias. At least outside of your CLDS talks. It's kinda fascinating to watch that outside of the Nicean Creed claim the things y'all do.wow...
This is so easy to counter. The creeds aren’t in the Bible. They have no basis in anything except a bunch of (basically) politicians voting on what they think the nature of Christ is.

Oh, but hey, another DCP focused thread! +1 (That’s for you, malkie.)
Much appreciated, good sir!

Assuming that the one mention of Prof P makes the thread "DCP-focussed". Pretty low criterion, I'd say.

But, again, YMMV.
Last edited by malkie on Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

malkie wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:31 pm
Salvete wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:04 pm
This is so easy to counter. The creeds aren’t in the Bible. They have no basis in anything except a bunch of (basically) politicians voting on what they think the nature of Christ is.

Oh, but hey, another DCP focused thread! +1 (That’s for you, malkie.)
Much appreciated, good sir!
Spoken like true Protestant's.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

DaveIsHere wrote: Okie dokie.
Okay, so I’ve converted you to non creedal Protestantism? Sweet!

Which do you want to join? Something in the restoration movement perhaps? The Advent movement? Quakerism?
From the end spring new beginnings.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Salvete wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:13 am
DaveIsHere wrote:Okie dokie.
Okay, so I’ve converted you to non creedal Protestantism? Sweet!

Which do you want to join? Something in the restoration movement perhaps? The Advent movement? Quakerism?
Come back to the true church that was founded by a Legit No crap disciple of Christ instead of whatever Johnny-come-lately Protestant BS you're currently part of.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?