Making Covenants

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Making Covenants

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:19 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:08 am
MG blithely ignores what’s been written dozens of times:

Written dozens of times doesn’t make it as a matter of fact true.

I would like you to please show the original post in full in which this sentence is found. Context, as I’ve said many times, is important.

You are pulling something out of context that may have not even been said about me in particular. In fact, you could have pulled it out of your butt.

It would be interesting also to see (if indeed this statement is shown to be directed at me) who wrote it. If it was you, for example, there would be some, including me of course, that would take it as a grain of salt.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
MG
QED.

You do good in little spats consisting of a few sentences. Anything longer and you skim it, or scroll past it. This is why people have, over time, limited their responses to you - because you don’t read, caveat above aside. Plus, you’ve been caught in so many lies ref book reading, or linking academic papers you claimed to have read, or church resources you claimed to have read, but actually they contradicted your claims, or that you’ve studied religions and philosophies while being as ignorant of them as one can be. You’re literally one of the most dishonest people I have ever known of in my life. Which. You know. Is par for the damned course when it comes to Mormons, frankly.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

You do good in little spats consisting of a few sentences. Anything longer and you skim it, or scroll past it. This is why people have, over time, limited their responses to you - because you don’t read, caveat above aside. Plus, you’ve been caught in so many lies ref book reading, or linking academic papers you claimed to have read, or church resources you claimed to have read, but actually they contradicted your claims, or that you’ve studied religions and philosophies while being as ignorant of them as one can be. You’re literally one of the most dishonest people I have ever known of in my life. Which. You know. Is par for the damned course when it comes to Mormons, frankly.

- Doc
Mish mash of innuendo, half truth, and lies.

What sort of morality lets you deal with others that are honest seekers after truth and also try to live by a high ethical code in such a dishonest way?

Have you no shame?

The covenants that I have made do not allow for the things that you are constantly throwing my way in disparagement of my character. Do I make a mistake now and then? Sure. I’m human. But I’m not the evil and deceptive person that you’re trying to make me out to be…at all. And I’m sorry you feel that way.

Your last sentence says it all:

You’re literally one of the most dishonest people I have ever known of in my life. Which. You know. Is par for the damned course when it comes to Mormons, frankly.
You are a sad little man.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
He’s a morgbot through and through, and if there’s one they absolutely 100% refuse to do is actually read something longer than a few sentences.
Again, CFR according to the requirements of my previous post.

Thanks,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

so mg quotes doc, quoting doc who didn't quote doc, because he was quoting mg who had previously quoted doc without quoting doc:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
He’s a morgbot through and through, and if there’s one they absolutely 100% refuse to do is actually read something longer than a few sentences.
MG can't keep up with his own misquoting:
MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:34 am

Thanks,
MG
so MG asks Doc to document his (Doc's) quoting of his(MG's) misquoting of his (Doc's) quoting of himself (Doc).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: too funny.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:47 am
so mg quotes doc, quoting doc who didn't quote doc, because he was quoting mg who had previously quoted doc without quoting doc:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:34 am

Thanks,
MG
so MG asks Doc to document his (Doc's) quoting of his(MG's) misquoting of his (Doc's) quoting of himself (Doc).
Huh???

You out did yourself this time.

What a convoluted mess.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:18 am
I asked you to post some supporting quotes from the book for those “new ideas” you’ve had on covenants that weren’t included in the free sample on Amazon. You didn’t provide any. You said you had. I asked you to show me where. You pointed to your three thoughts on covenants, not any quotes from the book.
The three quotes are listed by number you silly goose. The bold faced words are those which, to me, added extra meaning.
IHAQ wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:18 am
I asked you to post some supporting
Why can’t you provide them when the book is right there in front of you? Why do you repeatedly say you’ve provided quotes, but when asked where they are, just refer back to your own words posted upthread? What’s wrong with you?
I did provide the quotes directly word for word from the book which you said I didn’t even have.

You haven’t got the book
Your words.

Which I then proved to be untrue.

What’s wrong with you?

Still waiting for your admission of error and an apology.

Regards,
MG
Morley
God
Location: Jan van Eyck, Portrait of a Man (Self Portrait), 1433

Post by Morley »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:39 am
The church just confessed to breaking implied covenants to follow and sustain the law…
MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:34 am
Oversimplified.
MG: How so? What's your less simplified explanation?

You've been asked this before, but have seemingly run from the question.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:46 am
Marcus wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:47 am

Huh???

You out did yourself this time.

What a convoluted mess....
Exactly. Good grief. Go look at what you originally quoted. ORIGINALLY. And don't ask someone else to look it up, do it yourself!

Sometimes I really have to wonder. Surely people are not actually this obtuse. But, you have done similar things, for many many years, so either you're the internet's most solidly disguised Poe Poser, or... you really are that unaware of what you post. And I am saying that as politely as I possibly can.

In any case, it is still entertaining. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morley
God
Location: Jan van Eyck, Portrait of a Man (Self Portrait), 1433

Post by Morley »

Dr Moore wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:16 am
Making covenants with God is something every human being can do, whatever their definition of God. Mormonism demands covenants be made with and through the church. And that’s where all the trouble begins.
MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:37 am
Covenants made as a member of the church are different than those made by others.

Again, another oversimplification.
Again, how so?
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:45 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:21 pm
Please give the board 3 examples of things you have learnt about covenants from Mulestain's book that you haven't really thought about before.

Can you also quote something from the book in support of those 3 examples that isn't included within the free sample content that Amazon provides?
Sure.

1. The New and Everlasting Covenant is the sum total of all gospel covenants and obligations.
You’re claiming this is a quote from the book you say you’re reading. So I checked…
The new and everlasting covenant is the “sum total of all gospel covenants and obligations” we’ve made.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... d?lang=eng

Is actually a verbatim quote from an lds.org article on covenants which in turn is quoting from Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, ed. Bruce R. McConkie, 3 vols. (1954–56), 1:156.

It’s also contained within the free sample available on Amazon via your link. I suggest you pause this thread until you’ve actually read the book properly. Assuming you have it.
2. The greatest blessings we receive from God all focus on strengthening our relationship with Him until our bond has grown so strong that we can be with Him because we have become like Him.
Your second quote is also contained within the free sample available on Amazon via your link.
If you haven’t read this book, I’d recommend it.
How can you recommend something you now admit (and demonstrate) you haven’t actually read? Never mind, it doesn’t matter. You’re a complete waste of time.