a tangent from Gadiantons quiry about fearing judgement

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Niblo
Nursery

Re: a tangent from Gadiantons quiry about fearing judgement

Post by Niblo »

Physics Guy wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:30 am
Islam is in contrast so different that a Christian might wonder whether Islam is even a religion at all—and Muslims could wonder the same in reverse. m.
Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) tells us: ‘We have assigned a law and a path to each of you. If Allāh had so willed, He would have made you one community, but He wanted to test you through that which He has given you, so race to do good: you will all return to Allāh and He will make clear to you the matters you differed about.’ (Al-Ma’ida: 48).

And this is what He has to say about Jews and Christians:

‘Those who believe and do good deeds are the best of creation. Their reward with their Lord is everlasting Gardens graced with flowing streams, where they will stay forever. God is well pleased with them and they with Him. All this is for those who stand in awe of their Lord.’ (Al-Bayyina 7 -8; my emphasis ).

Take especial note of these verses. It has been my privilege to know – and to love – many Christians who were shining examples of Christian love and good practice. These verses assure me that they shall have their reward in Heaven. These verses assure me that every Christian, and every Jew, who carries the Exalted in their hearts, and who strives to do good, will have their reward. This is a solemn promise, and the Exalted does not renege on His promises.

Blessings.
‘Courtesy costs nothing, but buys everything.’ (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)