The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rosebud
Star B

Re: The Rosebud UnMegaThread

Post by Rosebud »

Yes, actually that would help.

To be honest, as I think about it, the megathread is pretty sick (the way the kids use the word). I’m happy with it. I doesn’t need to be changed back because it keeps everything in one place. But the way it is now, those of you who are here for fun and games just make a mess of it. And I’m tired. And to be completely honest, sick of Mormon thinking in general. I would never willingly participate on a message board just to discuss Mormonism. It is very far outside my current interests.

Preventing future child sexual abuse in the Mormon church, however, is not.

No, I am not defaming myself. Those who see it that way see what they see based on their own perspectives. What the perceiver perceives says far more about the perceiver than the perceived. Those who see me as defaming myself are generally men who haven’t ever had to deal with what women deal with from men day in and day out. Those women who no longer fearfully cater to men’s power hoarding see things differently. Those who are still afraid of it play along.

John has been defaming me widely for a long time…. and from a place of great power. Me making a different record here has been a positive thing.

And he’s continuing to harm people.

I’m not stupid. Nor am I “crazy” or “mentally troubled.”

I’m strategic. Very. (That’s why Mormon Stories “thrived” under my leadership…. as John well knows…. but don’t forget that he also knows he was ultimately the CEO with the power.)

Anyway, it’s fine with me if the old megathread is left as it is. It’s nice to have it all together.

And I would love a megathread of my own.
List of members I have on ignore:
drumdude

The Mormon Rosebud Wiki: http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Rosebud wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:00 am
...So let me get this straight, you think that while I’m being defamed in a courtroom by a public figure who claims he’s exposing the church’s involvement in child sexual abuse while he is actually intentionally doing something else...
Could you please give a concrete example of this defamation you are currently experiencing in a courtroom?
Rosebud wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:42 am
Those who see me as defaming myself are generally men who haven’t ever had to deal with what women deal with from men day in and day out. Those women who no longer fearfully cater to men’s power hoarding see things differently. Those who are still afraid of it play along.
Nope. Your assessments of what other women think and why are incorrect. Your assessments of both men and women are sexist and offensive.
You have one. The rules apply to you like they do to everyone.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Re: The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

Post by High Spy »

Are you a one horse pony?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Rosebud wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:42 am
You do have a megathread of your own. This is it.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Does rosebud think I'm a man?

See, if the majority of people within a forum are saying the same thing then there is a good chance that that perception is going to be the same perception as others in general.

I'm not sure what exactly my perception says about me. I think that's something people say when they are defensive and are basically throwing things back at people. And if there is something about me coming across as being whatever it is that is being implied, well, I'm not afraid to go to therapy and get it checked out. It would help to know exactly what that is.

Shades, rosebud means a thread that no one else has or does comment in or reply to. Just her posts and "documents".
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:52 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:43 am
Is Rosebud a psychologist? I thought I read somewhere that she is. I'm curious at what was unnecessary and snarky. I think everything everyone is saying is being processed differently. So meh. Don't think Rosebud is every going to realise that she is defaming herself. I'm not sure she can see how intense her posting is. She wants a thread where she can talk to herself in isolation and no one else speaks to her.
She accused Dehlin of covering up child abuse. Then apologized for posting that. She is clearly having some sort of mental health episode.
Think it's one of those taking to horse to the water but not being able to force it to drink kind of situations.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:04 pm
Shades, rosebud means a thread that no one else has or does comment in or reply to. Just her posts and "documents".
It was worth asking about a Kolob area of sorts, where we can rule our own planet. I understand though, a blog like area does not lend itself to the purpose of a discussion board, I.e. discussion.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Rosebud wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:00 am
drumdude wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:46 am
Rosebud, have you seen a therapist since you met John Dehlin? If so, I think it would be good to give them a call. If not, I strongly suggest you reach out to someone. Your posts here are alarming, and despite what you believe, we do actually want you to get better and move on from this.
So let me get this straight, you think that while I’m being defamed in a courtroom by a public figure who claims he’s exposing the church’s involvement in child sexual abuse while he is actually intentionally doing something else, I should hide and go silent and talk to someone who has a master’s in social work? And what would that solve?

I’m very sick of Mormon men’s patronizing belittling attitudes towards women right now….. as if I don’t have a right to defend myself from large scale defamation. And do it at my convenience…. without going to court where John would just use donor money to overpower me while he lies.

No, what I think is that I’m going to dig into the settings and figure out how to use the block feature for you and then see if the board is going to continue to support my right to speak.
You weren’t defamed.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
On the tv show The Office office temp Ryan opens up a word document for the eccentric elderly character Creed Bratton so that no one would be subjugated to Creed's thoughts. Ryan just typed "www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts" at the top of the Word document and told Creed it was a blog. I think someone needs to help Rosebud in a similar way.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Bond wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
On the tv show The Office office temp Ryan opens up a word document for the eccentric elderly character Creed Bratton so that no one would be subjugated to Creed's thoughts. Ryan just typed "www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts" at the top of the Word document and told Creed it was a blog. I think someone needs to help Rosebud in a similar way.
Lmao