Numbers...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Valo
Deacon

Re: Numbers...

Post by Valo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:50 am
Valo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:44 am
If you say so. :D
I say so. It is nothing but a tool to give the false appearance of openness and honesty, when in fact it functions simply as an excuse to avoid questions you do not want to answer.

Did the spirit prompt you to invent this game of deception and manipulation?
Then that's what it is for you. You are free to have your opinion.

You want your cake and to eat it too, I see! :D
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Valo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:40 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:26 am
So, you don’t know whether you got that information from the Spirit or not?
The Bible gives us some wiggle room. The silence for about the space of half an hour (ASHH) is not precise. I received the impression that it ends in 2028 I think now over a year ago and yes, its the way the Spirit talks to me at times. But until it happens, I don't know. So far when I get these impressions, they are not wrong. I don't always understand or know the meaning either. I haven't thought of 2028 until a few days ago. It seems Michael Sherwin has gotten the same impression so that's two witnesses. That's why I probably.

I think we are safe to just ignore stuff for the most part for a couple more years. Not saying you should but for the most part things are gonna be normal for a little bit more. Things might change, probably will change, dramatically around 2028 but the Bible allows for later dates too. This is based on the idea that the 7th seal opened 2010 and the ASHH is roughly 20.83 years.
I have exactly the same experience as you describe. It’s called ordinary human intuition. Sometimes it’s right and sometimes it’s wrong. I just lack the arrogance to claim that it comes from a divine source.

What you are describing is a few folks days mining the Bible to hunt for clues to details of the second coming, making certain assumptions, speculating based on those assumptions, and then hedging your predictions to create some wiggle room. A perfectly ordinary human activity with no reason to claim any sort of connection to the divine.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Valo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:52 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:50 am
I say so. It is nothing but a tool to give the false appearance of openness and honesty, when in fact it functions simply as an excuse to avoid questions you do not want to answer.

Did the spirit prompt you to invent this game of deception and manipulation?
Then that's what it is for you. You are free to have your opinion.

You want your cake and to eat it too, I see! :D
Yes, of course I am free to have and express my opinion.

The cake is a lie.
he/him

Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:46 am
Valo wrote:
The Bible gives us some wiggle room. The silence for about the space of half an hour (ASHH) is not precise. I received the impression that it ends in 2028 I think now ovee a year ago and yes, its the way the Spirit talks to me at times. But until it happens, I don't know. So far when I get these impressions, they are not wrong. I don't always understand or know the meaning either. I haven't thought of 2028 until a few days ago. It seems Michael Sherwin has gotten the same impression so that's two witnesses. That's why I probably.

I think we are safe to just ignore stuff for the most part for a couple more years. Not saying you should but for the most part things are gonna be normal for a little bit more. Things might change, probably will change, dramatically around 2028 but the Bible allows for later dates too. This is based on the idea that the 7th seal opened 2010 and the ASHH is roughly 20.83 years.
So, you get an impression of a future event, but you can’t tell whether the impression was from the Spirit until after you find out whether the future event actually happens?
There is a principle that describes it. We receive knowledge through the exercise of faith. We have to act on the impressions and be faithful to the voice of the Spirit in order to gain an assurance of them, but, we will always have to act by faith.

Some impressions from the Spirit are more definite some are less so. Sometimes the vision I get takes time for me to see. Sometimes I'm too distracted by the world to understand. I mean, there are many things. But regardless I'm a fallible human and the Spirit is working through a corrupt interface. However that is also a part of the adventure and what makes working with God/Spirit fun! As you see things fall in to place your faith increases and your confidence in the impressions become stronger. I'm still learning and growing, like anyone who is on the path of Asha. :D

But why do you care given you've now come out and openly said what you've been hiding in your heart the whole time?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Valo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 3:03 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:46 am
So, you get an impression of a future event, but you can’t tell whether the impression was from the Spirit until after you find out whether the future event actually happens?
There is a principle that describes it. We receive knowledge through the exercise of faith. We have to act on the impressions and be faithful to the voice of the Spirit in order to gain an assurance of them, but, we will always have to act by faith.

Some impressions from the Spirit are more definite some are less so. Sometimes the vision I get takes time for me to see. Sometimes I'm too distracted by the world to understand. I mean, there are many things. But regardless I'm a fallible human and the Spirit is working through a corrupt interface. However that is also a part of the adventure and what makes working with God/Spirit fun! As you see things fall in to place your faith increases and your confidence in the impressions become stronger. I'm still learning and growing, like anyone who is on the path of Asha. :D

But why do you care given you've now come out and openly said what you've been hiding in your heart the whole time?
My heart pumps blood. It is not a hidey hole for thoughts or intentions. I have hidden nothing. I don’t need anyone’s deceptive game to be open and honest. I have answered all of your questions honestly and truthfully, and will continue to do so. I will not make up some disingenuous excuse to avoid questions I don’t want to answer.
he/him

Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 3:13 am
Valo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 3:03 am

My heart pumps blood. It is not a hidey hole for thoughts or intentions. I have hidden nothing. I don’t need anyone’s deceptive game to be open and honest. I have answered all of your questions honestly and truthfully, and will continue to do so. I will not make up some disingenuous excuse to avoid questions I don’t want to answer.
I agree.
High Spy
First Presidency

Post by High Spy »

Res Ipsa wrote:
I will not make up some disingenuous excuse to avoid questions I don’t want to answer.
Some MTP (Moderator Type Person) eradicated my EITPQ (Earthquake Invitation Type Poll Questions), but marring it as was did fulfilled prophecy, so thanks whoever it was, for playing your part. Someone had to crucify Christ … everyone has a role to play. :roll:

(Roll, but note Role) :roll:
Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Valo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 10:08 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:16 pm
Finally, a falsifiable prediction. I'll check back in with you January 1, 2031.
ASHH probably ends 2028.
2799 If I recall correctly was the year I calculated to be the end when I was a child messing about. I don't hold myself to these end of times things. All of my life I was told the world is going to end. The world is going to end. After 2012, I decided screw it. If it ends it ends. I'm going to live in the meantime without being terrified of the end because I had spend enough of my life believing it. It might end and either I'll be obliterated, or saved, or already dead. Either way, I'm not going to know about it.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Valo wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:26 am
So, you don’t know whether you got that information from the Spirit or not?
The Bible gives us some wiggle room. The silence for about the space of half an hour (ASHH) is not precise. I received the impression that it ends in 2028 I think now ovee a year ago and yes, its the way the Spirit talks to me at times. But until it happens, I don't know. So far when I get these impressions, they are not wrong. I don't always understand or know the meaning either. I haven't thought of 2028 until a few days ago. It seems Michael Sherwin has gotten the same impression so that's two witnesses. That's why I probably.

Half an hour to god... Space time is expanding. So what was one day in the beginning is quicker than one day now. (Don't know where this came from, just came out as I was saying something else... Will go back to what I was originally going to say). So God made the world in 7 days. A day on Earth is 24 hours. But God didn't make everything whilst living on Earth. So a day is a period of time. Depending on who came up with the half an hour of silence, the meaning of half an hour would vary greatly. But let's assume today's half hour. A half hour is 1/48th of a day. Let's assume a day for God is 10,000 years (probably more like a billion years but for the sake of this discussion and the 10,000 being the magic number, I'll go with that) so a half hour would still be quite a long time. High spy feels the half hour began in 2010. I wonder if heaven has been silent for a lot longer than that but certainly not as long and 10000/48 years. Assuming we even believe in the half hour silence.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

High Spy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 6:05 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
I will not make up some disingenuous excuse to avoid questions I don’t want to answer.
Some MTP (Moderator Type Person) eradicated my EITPQ (Earthquake Invitation Type Poll Questions), but marring it as was did fulfilled prophecy, so thanks whoever it was, for playing your part. Someone had to crucify Christ … everyone has a role to play. :roll:

(Roll, but note Role) :roll:
Yeah. You losing a poll is comparable to Christ’s crucifixion?

Which prophecy are you claiming the unintentional loss of the poll fulfilled?
he/him