RFM on Kamp in Court

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rivendale
God

Re: RFM on Kamp in Court

Post by Rivendale »

pistolero wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 9:48 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 2:49 pm
It made me seriously angry that Matt Long blamed the ex-Mormon space, including his friends from infants on thrones, for not believing Rosebud. His podcast interview is dripping with condemnation, completely oblivious or willfully ignorant to Rosebud’s lies and manipulation.
Before RFM was on the scene, I thought Infants on Thrones was by the best prog-mo podcast (no offence John Dehlin).

Is it bad memory on my part that I'm blaming #metoo being at it's peak for Matt Long going off in the deep end on this?

We seem to be moving back to an evidence-based world, what with Weinstein's conviction being quashed and Kev Spacey being found not guilty recently (not saying that I'd let either babysit my kids).

Hopefully we can also drop "my truth" from the lexicon.

Too many of the allegations against John Dehlin and others are playing out on social media. So although some props go to Jenn Kamp for going down legal routes... even if she also tried to play it out in the media... although now she's getting punished for that.
I agree with this. Infants on Thrones was the premier podcast for the time period. There were several fractures. Brother Jake was one. After recovering (major health issue) he and others echoed the sentiment that they felt like they were being dicks for promotional purposes. Glen then went into woo. Others scattered to the wind.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

They’re baaaack…..

And now you can leave comments.

But apparently only if they’re favorable.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Jenn Kamp is the hardest working single mom I know. It takes a lot to manage grown kids who have left the house, and a husband who works all day to support your manic defamation binges.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

His unique background qualifies him as an expert in the fields of investigation, prosecution, victim disclosures, false allegations, victim bias, false confessions, memory, and victim response.
Matt could add to his promo statement by mentioning he got suckered by Rosebud.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Meadowchik
Priest

Post by Meadowchik »

Moksha wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:07 am
Meadowchik wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 9:32 am
If Rosebud is getting advice from Matt Long (Arizona lawyer who she started a podcast with at one point) and then Jenn Kamp is too, I wouldn't be surprised if it is bad.
Here is more information I was able to Google (who said you needed an advanced degree from BYU to be a researcher?!!!)

https://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/73 ... he-church/
Yes, I know, and yet I still posted my reply under the same username.

People can have experiences and learn from them.
toon
Valiant A

Post by toon »

drumdude wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 2:56 am
Since many don't have an hour and a half to listen to her ramble, I figure it would be useful to have a transcript of her side of the story so far.
Hey everyone. This video is my opinion, with evidence, of the harm and abuse I experienced while working with John Dehlin and the open stories Foundation. If you don't want to hear my opinion with evidence then please click off. My opinion is my lived experience with evidence of the lies harms and abuses I experienced as a co-host of Mormon stories podcast and as director of operations of the open stories Foundation by John Dehlin and the Open Stories Foundation board.

For a year and a half I have stayed silent and not spoken out regarding my experience of abuse harm and sexual harassment policy violations while working with John Dehlin. Or the refusal of the open stories Foundation to investigate my claims and their subsequent retaliation including an egregious smear campaign. This abuse was continued in the litigation system, as a multi-million dollar 501c3 nonprofit drained me a normal person and my family financially through litigation abuse. Resulting in the inability to pay for representation in court. The good person doesn't always win.

Multi-million? the 2022 990 for Open Stories Foundation shows revenue of $738k. Executive compensation was $218k, mostly if not all to Dehlin. This is a very small operation. Pretty insignificant in the scheme of things, in Mormonism and even in ex-Mormonism.

In a way, it resembles a spat between neighbors, where one is accused of letting their dog crap on the other's lawn without picking it up, with the defamation being that the accusation was made to a few other neighbors on the street. (This is a bit of a personal anecdote, as I was recently accused on not picking up my dog's dump, when the dog had only peed, and there was nothing to pick up. Maybe I can get RFM to do a podcast.)
Last edited by toon on Mon May 20, 2024 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toon
Valiant A

Post by toon »

Moksha wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:40 am
That will be good evidence for the judge to use in determining damages. Maybe Jenn will double down and up the damages amount before the judge issues his ruling.
What damages? I don't know the matter, but are punitives at issue? Because if it's only actual damages, how has Dehlin and Open Stories Foundation really suffered? Has there been a demonstrable decrease in donations?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

toon wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:18 pm
... (This is a bit of a personal anecdote, as I was recently accused on not picking up my dog's dump, when the dog had only peed, and there was nothing to pick up. Maybe I can get RFM to do a podcast.)
Minor point, but when dogs pee it kills my plants. Why dog owners think their dogs should be allowed to pee on my property instead of theirs is beyond me. Have your dog pee on YOUR yard, not mine, and not on public property. You own the dog, you should pay the price for the damage it does.
bill4long
Bishop

Post by bill4long »

toon wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:20 pm
Moksha wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:40 am
That will be good evidence for the judge to use in determining damages. Maybe Jenn will double down and up the damages amount before the judge issues his ruling.
What damages? I don't know the matter, but are punitives at issue? Because if it's only actual damages, how has Dehlin and Open Stories Foundation really suffered? Has there been a demonstrable decrease in donations?
Damages need not be based solely on financial considerations. Psychological damages are a legitimate consideration. Compensatory tort damages are all about harm, loss and injury regardless of form. Moreover, punitive damages may obtain. "An eye for an eye, then a spanking afterwards."
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
Bishop

Post by bill4long »

Punitive damages An oldie but a goodie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjBlPucpd0
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.