RFM on Kamp in Court

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: RFM on Kamp in Court

Post by drumdude »

Yep. And John couches all of his bad behavior in a costume of caring about women’s rights.

“Hey Jenn I’m super supportive of you and want to be super mindful of your super important feelings, just let me know if it’s ok that I pay you $40 an hour for podcasting and pay Margi $1000 per episode to contribute nothing. I’m super super nice and supportive and care about all women and feelings and I’m so so conscious of my privilege blah blah blah….”
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

drumdude wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 2:09 pm
Yep. And John couches all of his bad behavior in a costume of caring about women’s rights.

“Hey Jenn I’m super supportive of you and want to be super mindful of your super important feelings, just let me know if it’s ok that I pay you $40 an hour for podcasting and pay Margi $1000 per episode to contribute nothing. I’m super super nice and supportive and care about all women and feelings and I’m so so conscious of my privilege blah blah blah….”
So did Jenn hire on at 40 dollars and hour or 1000 per episode? 40 an hour is better than quite a few jobs and not as good as quite of few jobs. I doubt she was forced to accept the job. (or perhaps 40 per hour was better than some alternative jobs she looked at)

I am not saying Dehlins business practices are admirable. I find information presented in this thread vague so I do not know what to make of it. Drumdude, your reaction seems to have taken a rather striking change , you could be a little specific about why.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:07 pm
drumdude wrote:

So did Jenn hire on at 40 dollars and hour or 1000 per episode? 40 an hour is better than quite a few jobs and not as good as quite of few jobs. I doubt she was forced to accept the job. (or perhaps 40 per hour was better than some alternative jobs she looked at)

I am not saying Dehlins business practices are admirable. I find information presented in this thread vague so I do not know what to make of it. Drumdude, your reaction seems to have taken a rather striking change , you could be a little specific about why.
I’ve maintained the same position. Dehlin is a jerk and a cheater, but he didn’t do the more insane things rosebud and kamp accuse him of. He’s a bad boss, but that’s not illegal.

I can’t go into a lot of details without pointing to the evidence which is likely about to go private. I’m not a lawyer and I don’t want to point to specific evidence that may not have been properly admitted in the civil case.

Jenn seems ready to risk jail time and keep releasing it though. Her deposition is now up on her channel and the drama continues!
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

drumdude, did he pay her what she hired on for or did he renege on her pay? I get that he and his wife keep the majority of the funds.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:50 pm
drumdude, did he pay her what she hired on for or did he renege on her pay? I get that he and his wife keep the majority of the funds.
Im still making my way through the deposition. There’s so much in the case now that it’s almost a full time job to keep up. I’ll likely get to finish it on the road sometime next week.
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

drumdude wrote:
pay Margi $1000 per episode to contribute nothing.
I'm in the wrong business.
Fifth Columnist
Nursery

Post by Fifth Columnist »

Kamp was paid $40/hr to cry on air. Margi is paid $1000/episode to ask insightful questions, make insightful comments, and otherwise add value.

I don't have a problem with the pay. Margi adds value. Kamp doesn't. I would think less of John Dehlin if he paid Kamp $1000 an episode to cry and otherwise make me want to stop listening.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

What is with all the unkind and unsupported innuendo regarding John Dehlin? Has Rosebud and Jenn somehow rubbed off on people with their desire for revenge?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Moksha wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 4:26 am
What is with all the unkind and unsupported innuendo regarding John Dehlin? Has Rosebud and Jenn somehow rubbed off on people with their desire for revenge?
Unsupported??! Where have you been, o flightless one?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Marcus wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:21 am
Moksha wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 4:26 am
Unsupported??! Where have you been, o flightless one?
Seriously. Also, a lot of Jenn’s filings are text messages from John in his own words, like how much Margi gets paid. I don’t take anything Jenn says as truth but if it comes from John’s mouth, there’s not really any disputing it.