New Book of Mormon Evidence!!!!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Paul Osborne wrote:Harmony,

Coggins7 is right.

http://www.myegyptology.net/file/id550.htm

Paul O

Right about it being a point of doctrine, or right about the assumption that only 6,000 years have passed since the fall of Adam? Unless Coggins believes in pre-Adamites, there is plenty of scientific evidence to suggest that this view is incorrect.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Paul Osborne wrote:Harmony,

Coggins7 is right.

http://www.myegyptology.net/file/id550.htm

Paul O

I was hoping for something from the current leadership, Paul. I prefer to avoid doctrine spouted from ignorance.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Stand up in GD class and espouse ideas of the earth being 50,000 100,000, 1,000,000 years old, HELL say it is 9,000 years old and see what general reaction you will get from the class.

As the teacher of a GD class I said that the Church had no official doctrine of Creation and then said that I believed it was roughly as old as the geologists tell me it is. No one reacted at all and we moved on.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

Harmony,

How about you scroll through all the quotes and read them and see how current some of them really are.

Don't be such a hasty little girl!

Paul O
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

The Nehor wrote:As the teacher of a GD class I said that the Church had no official doctrine of Creation and then said that I believed it was roughly as old as the geologists tell me it is. No one reacted at all and we moved on.

My experience with this is similar. Most members put that kind of stuff in their "it's not pertinent to my eternal salvation" box and move on.
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

Beastie...

First, who made you the expert?

And just because some scientists believe these bones are a few hundred thousand years old doesn't make it so.

Science has to adjust its information all the time and those tests they do to determine how old bones are... well who says they are accurate?

There is still a lot of evidence to be uncovered... just wait!

(wink)

~dancer~
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

I agree with truth dancer. And she is so sweet!

Paul O
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Was this meant as an example of something supporting the Book of Mormon? If so, how?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

The Nehor wrote:Was this meant as an example of something supporting the Book of Mormon? If so, how?

No...I'm pretty sure beastie was being sarcastic. So was TD, hence the (wink).
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Is there any evidence to show that these mastodons were not in fact time travelers, who could have appeared to the Nephites?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace