Statement from Chris Ralph and Steve Bloor

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Re: Statement from Chris Ralph and Steve Bloor

Post by _Tobin »

These people live in a world of denial and delusion. This IS AN OBVIOUS attack on Mormon beliefs and their religion and they are trying to use a secular court system to do it.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Tobin wrote:These people live in a world of denial and delusion. This IS AN OBVIOUS attack on Mormon beliefs and their religion and they are trying to use a secular court system to do it.

I think that you are right. What is amazing is the denial of the people on this forum to all this. Reading their statement, I can see that their real intent. It is very obvious. But the court will not allow this case to proceed. One reason is quite simple: too much pressure from washington and the craziness of the case.

If the court does proceed, I would love to see the same charges brought against Islam in the Uk and see the problems develop. So many cans of worms will be opened that it will not happen.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Bazooka wrote:
I have to say, for the first time in a very long time, I am looking forward to Church this Sunday....

And people on this forum claim that I am a hypocrite. :rolleyes:[/quote]

hypocrisy
hɪˈpɒkrɪsi/Submit
noun
the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

Please explain how my statement demonstrates that I am claiming to have "higher standards or more nobler beliefs than is the case".[/quote]

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite

Hypocrite:

1 a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

2 a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

I think that you are fitting the bill unless of course you are honest with your beliefs when you attend.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

why me wrote:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite

Hypocrite:

1 a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

2 a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

I think that you are fitting the bill unless of course you are honest with your beliefs when you attend.

So, when calling me a hypocrite you did so without having any grounds to do so whatsoever.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

why me wrote:
Tobin wrote:These people live in a world of denial and delusion. This IS AN OBVIOUS attack on Mormon beliefs and their religion and they are trying to use a secular court system to do it.

I think that you are right. What is amazing is the denial of the people on this forum to all this. Reading their statement, I can see that their real intent. It is very obvious. But the court will not allow this case to proceed. One reason is quite simple: too much pressure from washington and the craziness of the case.

If the court does proceed, I would love to see the same charges brought against Islam in the Uk and see the problems develop. So many cans of worms will be opened that it will not happen.

Does Islam have a process for inducing donations that is potentially in breach of the UK Fraud Act 2006?
Please can you provide a reference for this comparative process?
(as usual, you won't, because you can't)
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Bazooka wrote:
Does Islam have a process for inducing donations that is potentially in breach of the UK Fraud Act 2006?

Most religions require donations to the poor. It is one of the pillars of Islam: charity. If one does not do charity one is a bad muslim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Pillars_of_Islam

See my point? This case is going nowhere. If someone gets the idea to do this to islam, all heck will break lose in the UK. Muslims must give to the poor to reach Alla.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Bazooka wrote:
So, when calling me a hypocrite you did so without having any grounds to do so whatsoever.

I can see you in church...wearing a white shirt, looking happier than the cabbage patch doll in a cucumber patch. And yet, all the while posting here your negatives about the lds church. Is my imagination wrong?
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

why me wrote:
Bazooka wrote:

Most religions require donations to the poor. It is one of the pillars of Islam: charity. If one does not do charity one is a bad muslim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Pillars_of_Islam

See my point? This case is going nowhere. If someone gets the idea to do this to islam, all heck will break lose in the UK. Muslims must give to the poor to reach Alla.

From your link:
They make up Muslim life, prayer, concern for the needy, self purification and the pilgrimage. They are:
Shahadah: declaring there is no god except God, and Muhammad is God's Messenger
Salat: ritual prayer five times a day
Sawm: fasting and self-control during the blessed month of Ramadan
Zakat: giving 2.5% of one’s savings to the poor and needy
Hajj: pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in a lifetime[5][6] if he/she is able to do[7]

Seriously?
You think that is a direct comparable to the Mormon process of tithing?
There is no hope for you being able to make a sensible alternative contribution to this discussion.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

why me wrote:
Bazooka wrote:

I can see you in church...wearing a white shirt, looking happier than the cabbage patch doll in a cucumber patch. And yet, all the while posting here your negatives about the lds church. Is my imagination wrong?

Completely and utterly.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure - how often to you attend the Mormon Church?
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Also, in the nordic countries, the citizens are required to pay a church tax. But they can opt out. But they also may not be able to take advantage of church funerals etc if they do. Likewise for germany. There is a tax there that one must pay to the catholic church.

http://en.mercopress.com/2013/10/23/ger ... ules-court

Does everyone see just how nuts this lawsuit is?
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith