Eat Your Vitamins MORE revelation is on the way!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Eat Your Vitamins MORE revelation is on the way!!!

Post by _Shulem »

A curse upon President Nelson.

Your contributions to Mormonism as President of the church will go down in history as a total disaster. You are embarrassing the church and dividing the members. Satan is pleased. Humpty Dumpty Oaks is not going to be able to put it together again. I see a great division coming in Mormonism. All that money and where will it go?

_Grudunza
_Emeritus

Post by _Grudunza »

Philo Sofee wrote:
And as the gospel continues to reach thousands throughout the world, President Nelson says there is more to come in restoring the gospel to the earth...

Well heck, are the 116 lost pages of the Book of Mormon gonna come out finally?

I’ve heard that may actually be the case. Some guy apparently inherited them and gave them to the church, who is now examining them. (Hopefully better than the Hofmann documents.) I’ll believe it when I see it, but it would fit with Nelson’s “more fully restored” theme, and if true (big “if”), would indeed be a pretty big deal.

And sure, it would seem unlikely for the 116 pages to turn up after so long, but Mormonism can claim two other significant artifacts having turned up after a century lost; some of the Book of Abraham scrolls, and one of the Kinderhook plates.

Speaking of which, I’d love for the translation Joseph described of the Kinderhook plates to be, ya know, restored.
:biggrin:
http://www.WeirdAlma.com
Weird Alma - Prophet of the New Disputation
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

Never thought I would see a prophet approach the tantalizing idea of more revelation like a tv show foreshadowing a new exciting episode, a sales pitch, a coach pumping up the next season. Why not reveal now? Why wait? Why do we need to eat vitamins?

We’re talking revelation from the God of us humans and everything else, and Nelson is going to restore this God’s plan to all of us, and he tells us to wait and eat vitamins and get some rest while waiting. This is new level stuff, this guy is a dildo. Wtf is he doing?
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Grudunza wrote:
I’ve heard that may actually be the case. Some guy apparently inherited them and gave them to the church, who is now examining them. (Hopefully better than the Hofmann documents.) I’ll believe it when I see it, but it would fit with Nelson’s “more fully restored” theme, and if true (big “if”), would indeed be a pretty big deal.

And sure, it would seem unlikely for the 116 pages to turn up after so long, but Mormonism can claim two other significant artifacts having turned up after a century lost; some of the Book of Abraham scrolls, and one of the Kinderhook plates.

Speaking of which, I’d love for the translation Joseph described of the Kinderhook plates to be, ya know, restored.
:biggrin:

116 pages sounds like a very interesting quandary for the church. On the one hand, it would be so very exciting to be able to proclaim them found and display them. Yet the same problem exists now as it did for Joseph Smith, even if the church can forensically verify their authenticity. Critics and faithful alike will eagerly examine every square inch, every word choice, every handwritten scrawl, and then compare the text to the canonized Book of Mormon.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Daily vitamins and plenty of rest is my prescription.

The Dr. Nelson Show
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

Shulem wrote:Daily vitamins and plenty of rest is my prescription.

The Dr. Nelson Show

He stole his lines from Hulk Hogan. The guy is a mess.
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Where is the 116 pages " found" being talked about? Is this a joke?
In any event I heard Nellie asked for the seer stone to be brought
From the FP vault, shined up and given to Nellie so he and Wendy can
conjure up the next new and exciting revelation-I heard he was asking
God to reveal whether he should get a new Lexus SUV!
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

lostindc wrote:Never thought I would see a prophet approach the tantalizing idea of more revelation like a tv show foreshadowing a new exciting episode, a sales pitch, a coach pumping up the next season. Why not reveal now? Why wait? Why do we need to eat vitamins?

We’re talking revelation from the God of us humans and everything else, and Nelson is going to restore this God’s plan to all of us, and he tells us to wait and eat vitamins and get some rest while waiting. This is new level stuff, this guy is a dildo. Wtf is he doing?

His pop psychology is called "priming." Joseph Smith did it with the witnesses to the Book of Mormon. It's the Mormon heritage. Get em all gosh dern excited and excitable and then wham! Hit em with a doozy of a revelation such as "the true taste of peanut butter shall now be called jelly." That could be quite significant to ensure the survival of the saints when they are called next year back to Jackson County, Missouri in their covered wagons to fulfill Joseph Smith's prophecies!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

"Eat your vitamin pills." reminded me of the Little Orphan Annie secret decoder ring message that Ralphie figured out, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine." Maybe Prophet Nelson has a secret decoder ring, or a seer stone.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Holy Ghost wrote:"Eat your vitamin pills." reminded me of the Little Orphan Annie secret decoder ring message that Ralphie figured out, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine." Maybe Prophet Nelson has a secret decoder ring, or a seer stone.

He does, but it is too sacred to use... he is only allowed to testify of it's name, "The Sacred Seer Stone."
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."