Joseph Smith was not a polygamist

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Smith was not a polygamist

Post by _Shulem »

peacemaker wrote:Paul tells the Corinthians "I became your father through the gospel" 1 Corinthians 4:15. Paul referred to both Timothy and Titus as his "spiritual" sons 2 Tomothy 1:2, Titus 1:4. You blind anti-Mormons need to see the light. Repent!

Oh yeah, baby.

Paul, Timothy, and Titus. They made a great threesome. Are you jealous, peacemaker? You want some of that action too, don't you?

:lol:
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Wow, I'm convinced. I'm going to find a pair of angel chaps. :twisted:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

tapirrider wrote:He was an adulterer.

And doing God knows what behind Emma's back.

:wink:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

lostindc wrote:He's entertaining us. Some will say he's a troll but I would say that he reflects your average believing Mormon message board poster.

He's angry and lashing out.

Please, peacemaker, keep it up.

We want more!
We want more!
We want more!

:twisted:
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Shulem wrote:
peacemaker wrote:Joseph Smith was not a polygamist

How about Brigham Young? Did he like girls? How many girls did he knock up?

How about John Taylor the criminal on the run? Did he like young babes?

Yeah, I don't get wanting to promote Joseph Smith as a non-sexual-polygamist when subsequent "prophets" jumped at the chance to have some young girls added to their stables. The same God who supposedly prohibits Joseph from sexually practicing polygamy/polyandry then commands it (at least polygamy) just a few years later for Brigham Young? Then stops the practice all together when outsiders pressure the church? It doesn't make any sense. Also, is peacemaker saying that BY was wrong to practice it? If so, congratulations peacemaker, you are almost there. Just admit that Joseph Smith was like a lot of crazy cult leaders over the years and wanted a little sex tax from his boys in the form of their wives and daughters and you will be better mentally. Dealing in reality is better than continually lying to oneself.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Keep it coming peacemaker. Stick around and try and convince us. Don't just make a testimony statement and run. Let's see why you think the way you do and let's see if you have all of the information and how you process it. My guess is that you either don't have all of the historical information or are turning a blind eye to some of it due to a desire to believe the unbelievable. An overactive desire to believe in something makes fraud victims of us all.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

“Peacemaker” seems to be making the point that the Church apostatised 14 years after it was restored.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

peacemaker wrote:Joseph Smith was a holy man and only practiced spiritual plural marriage. The prophet did "raise up seed" by having many spiritual children in the Lord. The doctrine of spiritual children is found in the Bible. Paul tells the Corinthians "I became your father through the gospel" 1 Corinthians 4:15. Paul referred to both Timothy and Titus as his "spiritual" sons 2 Tomothy 1:2, Titus 1:4. You blind anti-Mormons need to see the light. Repent!

Listen you dodo. The apostle Paul was not married and didn't touch the ladies at all. Everything he did was spiritual in a sense because he did not involve himself in the physical. But Joseph Smith did. He was very physical as was Brigham Young.
_Grudunza
_Emeritus

Post by _Grudunza »

peacemaker wrote:Joseph Smith was a holy man and only practiced spiritual plural marriage.

According to Oliver, he practiced dirty nasty filthy scrape-iage.

And according to D&C 132, he was supposed to practice physical sex with his wives. Virgins, adultery, multiply and replenish the earth... these are terms that imply the involvement of earthly physical relations.
http://www.WeirdAlma.com
Weird Alma - Prophet of the New Disputation
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

peacemaker wrote: Repent!

I didn't know sons of perdition can repent. I thought we we're doomed.

So, are you going to juuuuuuudge me?

:rolleyes: