Vogel Responds to Gee on Interpreter

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Vogel Responds to Gee on Interpreter

Post by _I have a question »

I notice Gee has been completely absent from the comments section of his JSPP attempted hit-piece...It would seem he simply wants to speak and not listen.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Arc
_Emeritus

Re: Vogel Responds to Gee on Interpreter

Post by _Arc »

moksha wrote:This reminds me of a similar situation where Dr. Jonas Gree of Pygmalion University had a theory that Winnie the Pooh became stuck in Rabbit's tree because of some extra-caloric honey left by alien's from the Kolobian Star System. A number of people questioned his theory, but Dr. Gree remained adamant about the Kolobian honey connection.

It was not until an outside reviewer pointed out that the entire episode of Winnie being stuck in a tree was from the fictional works of A.A. Milne, did the theory as to the origin of the honey die down. Still, it remained a sticky subject for Dr. Gree.

Bird in general and Penguin in particular: Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
"The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things which lifts human life a little above the level of farce and gives it some of the grace of tragedy." Steven Weinberg