How The LDS Population Has Changed In Utah During The Last 10 Years

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: How The LDS Population Has Changed In Utah During The Last 10 Years

Post by Moksha »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:55 am
Indeed. I saw one graph (I'll try to track it down) that showed if the trends in Utah continue, by 2030 there will be 30% less Mormons in Utah than right now. This, despite Utah being one of the fastest growing States.

Let that sink in.
I thought they ramped up the call for the Saints to have even larger families to compensate for converts and young people leaving. I mean if families had a dozen kids and only eight of them left, that would still be a significant increase.

As they say in the Presiding Bishopric Office, "Mo members means Mo tithing".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:10 am
Wonhyo wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:05 am
It's potentially a demographic disaster for the church.
Yes, it is an unmitigated disaster.

I don't know how you can find any positive news from this if you are the church.
Some active Mormons see this as a good thing. They want the world to end and see this is as the sifting of wheat and tares prophecy .
BeNotDeceived
Elder

Post by BeNotDeceived »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:33 am
IHAQ wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:09 pm
The Church is currently constructing 7 additional Temples in Utah, at great expense, for a declining member population. Is someone laundering money?

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/tem ... t?lang=eng

How many of the contractors have personal ties to wealthy LDS families?
Jacobson Construction is probably the biggest and #1 - that's where a lot of money is being siphoned to and more than likely laundered, can you think of a better way than for a multi hundred billion dollar religion to give tens of billions in 'sacred funds' to a primary contractor with family or financial ties to those in charge of making decisions to build wardhouses, SC's and temples? Nothing to see here. :lol: