The Most Bizarre BYU Devotional Of All Time By Dr. David Glen Hatch

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: The Most Bizarre BYU Devotional Of All Time By Dr. David Glen Hatch

Post by drumdude »

I also got the impression this guy is struggling with self loathing.

He grew up in the McConkie era, where it was absolutely not ok to be yourself if you didn’t fit the normal Mormon mould.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

That dude is gay af. I don’t know why anyone is tip toeing around it. He’s also pissed he made himself miserable his whole life, and is mad others are choosing their own happiness instead of following his miserable example. Also, “F” that toupee he was wearing. It was damned bananas. He looked like a crazy man.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:15 pm
That dude is gay af. I don’t know why anyone is tip toeing around it. He’s also pissed he made himself miserable his whole life, and is mad others are choosing their own happiness instead of following his miserable example. Also, “F” that toupee he was wearing. It was damned bananas. He looked like a crazy man.

- Doc
Remember Ed Smart? Mormons bashed him in certain circles for living in a heterosexual marriage until late in life finally coming out. They absolutely idolize enduring to the end especially in this category.