The Interpreter is sticking with Tapirs. Chariots aren't chariots and more.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rivendale
God

Re: The Interpreter is sticking with Tapirs. Chariots aren't chariots and more.

Post by Rivendale »

Agency is interrupted all the time. Joseph had to have someones agency interrupted to bring the Papyri to him. All of prophecy has someone who got pushed out of the way to get it done. The agency of all kinds of living organisms got snuffed out with the flood.
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

The LDS Apologists, meaning Book of Mormon Cental and Interpreter Foundation (F.A.R.M.S.) and FAIR are bunch of dopes.

And I'm an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

All this Meso stuff started with the RLDS Church (1860) which created in 1896 a "Committee on American Archaeology." The Committee was charged with creating a report which can be found online. It assumed The Book of Mormon happened across the entire Western Hemisphere. The report has about 5-6 hemispheric maps.

This is the 1894 version. Notice a mixture of Maya imagery with the "caractors" from the Gold Plates on pages in the Contents section, toward the end:
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Re ... frontcover

A new report was created in 1902 and/or 1910. I can't locate either, currently. They also have hemispheric maps.

This was an idea proposed by an earlier member of the RLDS Church named H.A. Stebbins, a teenage convert after he served in the Civil War, born Jan 1844 thus 12 years younger than Joseph Smith III who became the 2nd President of the RLDS Church at about age 28. They knew each other. (The RLDS Church considers Joseph Smith the Prophet, their First President.)

Stebbins published articles in the Saints' Herald about The Book of Mormon mainly occurring in Central America and Ecuador and Peru - because he believed Central America was the narrow neck of land. H.A. Stebbins then gave Book of Mormon lectures in Independence, MO in Feb 1896 which were very popular among the RLDS members. You can easily find them published on line. (His widow died in 1958.)

http://iagenweb.org/boards/decatur/biog ... ead=486543

Because of his lectures, The RLDS Church created the "Committee of American Archaeology," which was proposed in their RLDS General Conference of April 1896. That's how "democratic" the RLDS Church was. Proposals were made by members then voted upon during their General Conference meetings.

This report was a hemispheric model but left Cumorah in New York. The report, its maps were published, passed out among the RLDS members. Some maps were even created as wall maps, as you can see here: "Map Lectures" are also noted.

https://bostonraremaps.com/inventory/we ... aphy-1899/

But the maps confused RLDS members. Notice how the Land of Nephi is basically in Ecuador. This was too far for King Limhi's search party searching for the Land of Zarahemla, to travel to New York (Ramah or Cumorah) and discover Ether's 24 gold plates, then return, again missing the Land of Zarahemla in Colombia.

So Stebbins had a change of heart. He assumed that the actual Hill Cumorah had to be somewhere in Mexico or Central America, at some unknown location. He died in 1920.

This is when L.E. Hills comes in. In 1917 he created the Mesoamerica Two Cumorahs map or M2C along with three books. His third book is a series of his lectures. He died in 1925. Those books survived and were "resurrected" by Jack Welch and John Sorenson and I guess some earlier LDS dudes named Jakeman and Sperry. But none of them gave credit to L.E. Hills, BECAUSE THEY WERE DISHONEST.

L.E Hills by profession was a Railroad Conductor, an honorable profession given the railroad was the major industry of the day.

Thus the F.U.N.N.Y. F.A.R.M.S. stole or plagiarized L.E. Hills maps and ideas. And added Tapirs later, because, with his furtive imagination, Sorenson had to think about it in all terms: animal, rock, plants and mineral and the Maya civilization.

L.E. Hills ideas of Two Cumorahs restricted to Mesoamerica was rejected by Joseph Fielding Smith. But he also assumed a hemispheric model.

But Joseph Smith never stated the Book of Mormon occurred over the entire hemisphere, thus the Heartland idea. See the Wentworth Letter.

There are two organizations in Independence, MO who promote M2C, because L.E. Hills was a form RLDS member of their First Quorum of Seventy.
The Hill Cumorah Expedition Team & BOMF.org

https://tinyurl.com/LEHills1917bwmap

Now because Jack Welch, Kirk Magleby, Dan Peterson, Brant Gardner, and their younger minions whom they convinced to pass on this stupidity, it makes it appear the Book of Mormon is some fictional account requiring tapirs and flat-headed maya kings to be all things Nephites. Then they all have speculate on this that or other, thus one gets this dopey article at the Interpreter.

Then of course, the anti- and ex-mos here have a field day over it, which I don't blame them.

But it's all because of these F.A.R.M.S. dopes who are sold on the Mesoamerica idea which they ripped off from a dead man who died in 1925.
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

It's the RLDS Church and now Book of Mormon Central and the Interpreter Foundation with their stupid location selected for the geography of The Book of Mormon that has turned The Book of Mormon into a Fractured Fairy Tale.

So stop blaming Joseph Smith and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for their stupidity.

Get your rear in gear and haul it back to Church before you miss out on your Eternal Blessings. Are you going to blame DCP and his fellow F.A.R.M.S. B.O.Y.S. for leaving the Church?

It's your choice. Are you going to play the odds that Dan Peterson and Jack Welch, speak for the Church?

Seriously?
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:02 pm
Daniel McClellan was recently on Mormonism Live. He had some compelling arguments why the only way for the Book of Mormon to be taken seriously from a religious or scholarly perspective is to view it as pseudepigrapha. I'm sure Dan is now squarely in the crosshairs of the Mopologists.

PS You simply cannot have a discussion about Tapirs without listening to Weird Alma's masterpiece, "Tapir Back Rider."

https://soundcloud.com/user-480239968/s ... alma-songs

Also, a personal favorite:

https://soundcloud.com/user-480239968/b ... alma-songs
I love parodies! Weird Al was my first concert. He did not disappoint. It makes me want to do a Type O Negative (they were a metal band known for covering the Beatles) version of Tapir Back Rider.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

TwoCumorahFraud wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:15 am
Get your rear in gear and haul it back to Church before you miss out on your Eternal Blessings. Are you going to blame DCP and his fellow F.A.R.M.S. B.O.Y.S. for leaving the Church?
Do you seriously think that people leave the church over varying opinions about the locations of Book of Mormon events??
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

TwoCumorahFraud wrote:
The disagreement between Book of Mormon locations is really more between believing members, with Heartlanders on one side and Bowie knife-wielding Mesoamericanites on the other side. Why Bowie knives? Because Brigham Young preferred them, as do fellow DezNat enthusiasts. Kiwi/Pahoran from the SeN board has permission to carry a Crocodile Dundee knife instead.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

TwoCumorahFraud wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:18 am
But Joseph Smith never stated the Book of Mormon occurred over the entire hemisphere, thus the Heartland idea. See the Wentworth Letter.

To my knowledge that is correct, Smith said no such thing. But others did, such as the idiot Pratt brothers who proffered interpretation of the geography in effort to visualize the story on the globe. Smith just nodded and went along with anything that made his made-up story look genuine.

Bottom line, it only took a single day to travel from one side to the other of the narrow neck -- from sea east to sea west. Just ONE day. And all it took was a day and a half to traverse the length of the neck seeing the neck was not very long but rather short.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

TwoCumorahFraud wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:18 am
Dan Peterson, Brant Gardner

It may seem unkind of me to say, but those two are a pair of JOKERS! It only goes to show that when Mormons put themselves into a box and fry their brains on church dope they end up retarded. Those two are a pair of retards.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Rivendale wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:50 pm
This baffles me. Why are they producing this despite all the evidence to the contrary? I would think they would let the maligned Tapir just go away.

It's all a waste of Goddamn time and Brian Hales is just another retard who has his head up his you-know-what.

What a dumb ass.

Edited by Shulem with an apology to Hales who is now a member of the board even if just for one post.
Last edited by Shulem on Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:35 am
TwoCumorahFraud wrote:
Do you seriously think that people leave the church over varying opinions about the locations of Book of Mormon events??
I don't see why not.

Not that I'd expect it to be the sole cause, but it could be a "last straw" for some:
  • two incompatible theories;
  • groups of "good" members in a public slanging match;
  • and a leadership who claim a direct line to their god, and expect members to believe in a literal Book of Mormon/Nephites, but find themselves either unwilling or unable to resolve the issue of where these literal events took place.
I can imagine that scenario causing some damage.

Of course, members would also have to be aware of these points for it to make any difference at all.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!