What Is Wrong With William Schryver? Can Someone Please Help Him?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Nimrod
Star B

Re: What Is Wrong With William Schryver? Can Someone Please Help Him?

Post by Nimrod »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:16 am
Once you stop trying to find the objective truth, you just start worshiping anything they agrees with your confirmation bias.
Well, even alternative facts enjoy a pretty big audience these days.
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I remember when our dear friend Symmachus expressed a different opinion about Russia's war in Ukraine. I could respect that he had a different and well-informed perspective, albeit one I disagree with. Will Schryver does little more than polish Putin's knob on social media, which I have considerably less respect for.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:17 pm
I remember when our dear friend Symmachus expressed a different opinion about Russia's war in Ukraine. I could respect that he had a different and well-informed perspective, albeit one I disagree with. Will Schryver does little more than polish Putin's knob on social media, which I have considerably less respect for.
Indeed. It’s possible to have a different opinion but Will is on another planet.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

So, yeah, William “Moscow” Schryver has gone off the deep end. If you’re winning and you’re a genius, you typically don’t fire your highest ranking Generals mid-war if it’s going well:

^ he’s dead. Died of ‘suicide’ a few days after he was fired by Putin.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Tim
Star A

Post by Tim »

He's clearly intelligent and an excellent example of how intelligence does not save anyone from confirmation bias and wishful thinking. He hates the liberal, secular political order that dominates the West and sees Putin as the strongest arm to bring it down. He's gained quite a following with this stuff, once you gain notoriety you have to keep playing the hits. It reminds me of the woman from Wisconsin you posted an inane rant about an experience at a candle store. After it went viral she had to come up with more petty inconveniences while shopping.

When reading his stuff I have two dominant thoughts:
1) "Do NOT respond! There is nothing I can say that can unlock this sychophancy."
2) "Gosh! Where am I this self-deluded?" I know Ukraine and NATO are pushing their own propaganda, but heaven forbid I lack this level of skepticism from the enemies of my enemies. Tucker Carlson thinks he's rooting too hard for Putin.
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

Just responding to a few for funs but that's some next level crazy from Will S.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
In recent weeks I have reassessed everything that has happened to date in the Ukraine War, and I am now more convinced than ever that the overriding Russian strategy has been to destroy the AFU "on the cheap" while simultaneously preparing themselves for war against the US/NATO.
I'd hate to know what winning expensively looks like for Russia when they've suffered tens of thousands of casualties invading a city the size of Scranton PA and still haven't captured it. Let alone the country the size of Texas. Russia hasn't even gotten to the hard part yet, occupation.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
As I have argued for years, the US military industrial complex is a black-hole of staggering waste and corruption that has no equal in human history.
He's comparing the US to the Russian military where the military commanders sell everything including the gas and the tires on the black market?
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
The fools in the west attempted to excommunicate from their midst the largest, most bountifully endowed commodity producer in the global economy. In so doing they have condemned both their economies and their currencies to ruin. Time is on Russia's side, and always has been.
This is my favorite. Russia is projected to lose tens of million in population by 2100 due to low birth rate while the world shifts away from fossil fuels. Same with China which is why some military analysts worry about Taiwan so much; the idea being the Chinese will only get weaker as they lose population and their aging population cripples their economy. Leaving aside Russia's battlefield losses approximately 500k of their young men have left the country, especially educated middle class workers. Who is going to rebuild the Russian economy pray tell?
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
The US literally has no capacity to effect a large-scale amphibious operation in Taiwan or anywhere in China's neighborhood. It would be an unprecedented slaughter.
Why would the US do a large scale amphibious operation? China would be the one invading. But the US would just park 3-5 carrier groups off the Taiwanese coast and do air and naval defense.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

What’s even crazier for Russia is their current population matches that of 1985. Putin has various programs in place to incentivize Russians to have more children, but that hasn’t really worked out too well because Russians know what Russia is, and they have the Internet now showing them the world has passed them by, so why would they want to make more miserable Russians? My guess is Putin thought Ukraine would add ~40M to their overall population, along with gains to their geopolitical aims and felt it was now or never.

What all these dickholes like Schryver can’t admit is Ukraine was always going to be invaded. It was obvious and inevitable considering Crimea, the two ‘breakaway’ regions, and the desire to take over Ukraine’s oil and gas reserves fall in line with Russia’s long-term aims.

As far as Europe is concerned, this is the time to stop Russia’s inevitable war with them. Why shills like Schryver think the world order would be better with Putin and Xi leading the way is mind boggling. Do they hate drag queens that much?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:57 pm
Do they hate drag queens that much?
- Doc
It appears that for William Schryver, there is only one choice. Either choose gay or choose Russia.

William just retweeted this:
Two Civilizations. One future. Make your choice.
https://Twitter.com/OCanonist/status/16 ... 1220002816
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Can someone inform him what a false dichotomy is!
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:15 pm
Can someone inform him what a false dichotomy is!
Regardless of the falsity of the "choice", I would not be choosing Putin+.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!