BYP: FollowFollowFollowFollow

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: BYP: FollowFollowFollowFollow

Post by Kishkumen »

ceeboo wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:12 pm
My dear friend, Kish - I have years of personal experience to lean on that tells me that you are way better than this. Way better!
I apologize, ceeboo. That was perhaps a little harsh.
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:02 pm
You can imagine what he would think of the Modern LDS church.
I do wonder!
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:15 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:12 pm
My dear friend, Kish - I have years of personal experience to lean on that tells me that you are way better than this. Way better!
I apologize, ceeboo.
No worries, and no need to extend an apology. Considering the mountain of valuable contributions that you have made to the online community over the years, a single post has no impact when it is placed on the collective scale. I think we have all made posts that we wouldn't include on our greatest posts album - I know I have.
That was perhaps a little harsh.
Perhaps. :)
Flemming
Valiant A

Post by Flemming »

ceeboo wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:33 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:15 pm
I apologize, ceeboo.
No worries, and no need to extend an apology. Considering the mountain of valuable contributions that you have made to the online community over the years, a single post has no impact when it is placed on the collective scale. I think we have all made posts that we wouldn't include on our greatest posts album - I know I have.
That was perhaps a little harsh.
Perhaps. :)
Uh, the Republican Party is full of evil cultists who worship an orange fat man.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Flem,

Don't you think that you have a double standard here? According to you there is nothing redeemable about the Republican Party, while you give endless chances to the Mormon Church (which is mostly a Republican institution). In fact, it's so bad, nobody dares say anything good about the Republican Party, while nobody dares say anything negative about the Mormon church.

By your logic of free passes to the Church, shouldn't you vote for Nikki Haley?
Flemming
Valiant A

Post by Flemming »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:32 pm
Flem,

Don't you think that you have a double standard here? According to you there is nothing redeemable about the Republican Party, while you give endless chances to the Mormon Church (which is mostly a Republican institution). In fact, it's so bad, nobody dares say anything good about the Republican Party, while nobody dares say anything negative about the Mormon church.

If Jesus were transported to this time, as a human, he would be the ultimate liberal.

It saddens me that there is a strong Republican element in the church, at least the Utah church. I pray that will wane over time as new leadership emerges and more social pressure is placed on the church.

I’m very much a progmo. I’m for Buttigieg!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Flemming wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:23 am
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:32 pm
Flem,

If Jesus were transported to this time, as a human, he would be the ultimate liberal.

It saddens me that there is a strong Republican element in the church, at least the Utah church. I pray that will wane over time as new leadership emerges and more social pressure is placed on the church.

Oh, Idaho Mormonism makes Utah look damn near communistic leftist......
Flemming
Valiant A

Post by Flemming »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:30 pm
Flemming wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:23 am

Oh, Idaho Mormonism makes Utah look damn near communistic leftist......
I’ve only been to IF, and really only passing through.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

BeNotDeceived wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:17 pm
I'd rather sing 'Follow the Prophet' than 'Praise to the Man'... the latter makes you wanna hurl! :lol: :x
My first visit to the local ward Praise to the Man was one of the sections that day. I’m like, nope, not singing.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7