Trump finally found someone to sing at the inauguration!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_malkie
_Emeritus

Re: Trump finally found someone to sing at the inauguration!

Post by _malkie »

I have a question wrote:From a PR perspective the Church (and the MoTab) are now screwed either way.

I think that they were screwed from the moment the invitation was issued. How could they refuse? The refusal would have become known to the public (and to Trump, of course), and the situation would then have been at least as bad as it is now.

I've been wondering if this is a form of revenge by Trump - after the scathing rebuke of his candidacy in the DesNews he must have been upset; after his relatively poor showing in Utah (even though he won the state) even more so.

The invitation put the church in a position such that it could neither accept nor refuse without considerable blowback. Perhaps they thought that the less damaging choice was not to further anger Trump by refusing.
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

malkie wrote:I've been wondering if this is a form of revenge by Trump - after the scathing rebuke of his candidacy in the DesNews he must have been upset; after his relatively poor showing in Utah (even though he won the state) even more so.

He was able to get back at Mitt Romney that way. Wouldn't surprise me if Kellyanne Conway conspired to place a small silver cross on the seat of each Motab Choir member in an attempt to burn them when they sat down.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

DrW wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
It just struck me as damn funny.

;-)

And I know why (as do a few others around here).

:biggrin:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

DrW wrote:... pussy grabber ...
since clinton, this is a remissible sin
... and kennedy, if i may mention ...

DrW wrote: ... who is clueless about the Constitution and the duties of a president and doesn't seem to give a crap. ...
he is called president elected
ask your electors (and the system of electors +gerrymandering?)

DrW wrote:This consummate con man and noted orange haired buffoon committed treason on the campaign trail and no one had the courage to prosecute him for it. He was elected in no small part because a foreign power hacked into the computers of a major party on his behalf and at his publicly declared behest. He is as illegitimate as a president could possibly be - even more so.
?
i am the voice of one crying in the wilderness...
John 1:23
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

Choyo Chagas wrote:
DrW wrote:... pussy grabber ...
since clinton, this is a remissible sin
... and kennedy, if i may mention ...

Hey Choyo,

In the West, privately and queitly having sex with women other than one's wife may be forgivable in the public's mind in this day and age. Openly bragging, in the most vulgar of terms, about being able to sexually assault women with impunity just because you are a celebrity, is not.

Pull this crap in Islam and there is a good chance you will get your paramour killed.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

DrW wrote:Hey Choyo
hey drw

DrW wrote:In the West, privately and queitly having sex with women other than one's wife may be forgivable in the public's mind in this day and age.
we've seen it as of kennedy & clinton

DrW wrote:Openly bragging, in the most vulgar of terms, about being able to sexually assault women with impunity just because you are a celebrity, is not.
apparently most of americans doesn't care when voted for donald...
ok, not the most of, but you have special rules: electors who may overwrite the real majority

DrW wrote:Pull this crap in Islam and there is a good chance you will get your paramour killed.
the american crap system is far better; there are less killing
at least up to now
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

DrW wrote:Hey Sweatheart,

The Iraq war was started by the last Republican president who lost the popular vote, well known at home and abroad as the "Worst Ever".

Now we have Trump, who lost the popular vote by an even greater margin than did GWB - something like 2.8 million votes.

And what we got this time, after 8 precious years of sanity, is a bigoted, racist, misogynistic, pussy grabber, who is clueless about the Constitution and the duties of a president and doesn't seem to give a crap.

Lets see....8 years of sanity? First, we have the Obama/Clinton war with Libya and the chaos that followed. Now, hundreds of thousands of migrants from africa are flowing into europe because libya is a failed state. Wonderful. Thank you Obama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/po ... .html?_r=0

And then we have the failed Arab Spring which Obama supported. And the rise of Isis under Obama. All good. Of course, it has been a problem with American foreign policy: interfering with the internal affairs of other countries. And of course we have Obama involved with the overthrow of the Ukraine president. Here is an interesting conversation between two members of the US government:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV9J6sxCs5k

And here they are with the kiev demonstrators:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVs2tcSyyuA

Amazing isn't it? Sanity?

Unfortunately, I do believe that the democrats will always now win the popular vote when it comes to the presidency. It is just demographics. Very difficult for a republican to win the popular vote which is one reason many democrats want to abolish the electoral college.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

DrW wrote:
Choyo Chagas wrote:Openly bragging, in the most vulgar of terms, about being able to sexually assault women with impunity just because you are a celebrity, is not.

I think that it was said between friends who just happened to have a hot mic with billy bush doing some egging on. I wouldn't call it bragging in public. However, the way it was released to the public was the problem...just 3 weeks before an election is the problem. NBC had the tapes in August and they allowed Billy to continue working even though they knew that when the tapes wee released he would be fired. But such is life when the media takes sides.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

sorry, i combed out your comment...

DrW (not me) wrote:Openly bragging, in the most vulgar of terms, about being able to sexually assault women with impunity just because you are a celebrity, is not.
i, Choyo Chagas wrote:apparently most of americans doesn't care when voted for donald...
ok, not the most of, but you have special rules: electors who may overwrite the real majority
why me wrote:I think that it was said between friends who just happened to have a hot mic with billy bush doing some egging on. I wouldn't call it bragging in public. However, the way it was released to the public was the problem...just 3 weeks before an election is the problem. NBC had the tapes in August and they allowed Billy to continue working even though they knew that when the tapes wee released he would be fired. But such is life when the media takes sides.
anyway, after gwb the world has thought there is no infra...
now, there is

media? see matthew 10:27
What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
the main task of the media is preaching upon the housetops
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

It might be a good idea for Donald Trump to get on the phone with Vladimir Putin and arrange for Russian opera singer Anna Netrebko and a dozen dancers from the Bolshoi Ballet to perform. Invite the members of the Russian government hacking program, who helped Donald Trump attain the Presidency, as well. With their hacking skills, they could rig up a system to play some of Beyonce's yet to be released hit singles.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace