The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Cherry-Picked Text Messages

Post by Kishkumen »

I have been slandered and maligned and anyone who is continuing to take his bait is guilty and personally legally liable.
Everyone here is on notice:

If you believe John Dehlin on the topic of the author of the OP, you are guilty and personally legally liable.

The author of the OP challenges John Dehlin to prove that the author of the OP is crazy.
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:50 pm
I have been slandered and maligned and anyone who is continuing to take his bait is guilty and personally legally liable.
Everyone here is on notice:

If you believe John Dehlin on the topic of the author of the OP, you are guilty and personally legally liable.

The author of the OP challenges John Dehlin to prove that the author of the OP is crazy.
Fortunately we all know a pretty good lawyer.
Rosebud
Star B

Post by Rosebud »

RFM and Bill Reel are on notice. They both blocked me on Facebook yesterday.

The rest of you are fluff. (Have fun with that one.)
List of members I have on ignore:
drumdude

The Mormon Rosebud Wiki: http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:58 pm
Fortunately we all know a pretty good lawyer.
What I find extremely unfortunate is that the author of the OP is the the author's worst enemy in all of this. Can you sue yourself for financial damages?
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Rosebud wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:02 pm

We always do!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:03 pm
Rosebud wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:02 pm

We always do!
Indeed. I’ll start popping some popcorn for everyone.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:07 pm
Seriously, though, my wish is that I would never see any of these threads about John Dehlin's personal issues and dramas ever again. The man doesn't even post here except once in a blue moon. He does have some decent podcast episodes, and I will listen to them as long as he produces them.

My problem with all of this is that, from my viewpoint, it looks like some people, who will remain unnamed, see MoSto as a vehicle to advance themselves, and then when they are disappointed they go nuclear. Obviously this case is more complicated than that, but the other recent case does look exactly like that.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:11 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:07 pm
Seriously, though, my wish is that I would never see any of these threads about John Dehlin's personal issues and dramas ever again. The man doesn't even post here except once in a blue moon. He does have some decent podcast episodes, and I will listen to them as long as he produces them.

My problem with all of this is that, from my viewpoint, it looks like some people, who will remain unnamed, see MoSto as a vehicle to advance themselves, and then when they are disappointed they go nuclear. Obviously this case is more complicated than that, but the other recent case does look exactly like that.
He’s an asshole, and that’s borne out in the text messages. But the people he was an asshole to are furious that he is still making money, still valued in the ex-Mormon community, and still a powerful voice.

They’ve all tried and failed to sway public opinion against John to get him cancelled.

Watching them keep trying is just sad.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:15 pm
He’s an asshole, and that’s borne out in the text messages. But the people he was an asshole to are furious that he is still making money, still valued in the ex-Mormon community, and still a powerful voice.

They’ve all tried and failed to sway public opinion against John to get him cancelled.

Meh. Whatever. Yes, he is not a virtuous person. Definitely not perfect. What surprises me these days is that people are expected to be squeaky clean. Funny how no one is. Everybody has their flaws, their personal agendas, and their vanity. Take a thread like this. It is a sadly self-defeating attempt to recover a reputation that is most harmed by the actions of its author.

We live in an insane world, and the best thing to do, probably, is just avoid most of this noise altogether.

Stick your head up out of the foxhole and get shot.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:24 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:15 pm

Meh. Whatever. Yes, he is not a virtuous person. Definitely not perfect. What surprises me these days is that people are expected to be squeaky clean. Funny how no one is. Everybody has their flaws, their personal agendas, and their vanity. Take a thread like this. It is a sadly self-defeating attempt to recover a reputation that is most harmed by the actions of its author.

We live in an insane world, and the best thing to do, probably, is just avoid most of this noise altogether.

Stick your head up out of the foxhole and get shot.
If Patterson brought rosebud back just to try and score some points, he’s just as bad as Dehlin. It does nothing to heal Rosebud.