Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Dr Moore »

The book might as well be titled: “how to turn failure into victimhood.”
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Lem wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:10 am
consiglieri wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 am
At this rate the owner of the board will have to award it to Rosebud to avoid a sexual harassment beef.
Why is that?
consiglieri wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:17 am
Because that’s the answer to everything, isn’t it?
Someone earlier said a comment of mine dialed up the rhetoric to 11, after you took exception to my exaggeration in my comment to make a point. I took that to heart and have been making a serious effort to treat this discussion with appropriate thoughtfulness and a dispassionate evenhandedness.

So I will just say this. I hope you will eventually be able to understand that making such a broad generalization in a conversation about this sensitive topic reads as you being thoughtless and demeaning. If you were joking, it’s a bad joke. Generalizations like this dial up the rhetoric well past 11. Normally I would just ignore such ignorance, but it is surprising to see such a comment come from you.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:44 am
Who knows the mind of Rosebud?
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kukulkan wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:44 am
Who knows the mind of Rosebud?
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
Quoted for truth.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

What did I just read? :shock:
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Lem wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 am
Lem wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:10 am

Why is that?
consiglieri wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:17 am
Because that’s the answer to everything, isn’t it?
Someone earlier said a comment of mine dialed up the rhetoric to 11, after you took exception to my exaggeration in my comment to make a point. I took that to heart and have been making a serious effort to treat this discussion with appropriate thoughtfulness and a dispassionate evenhandedness.

So I will just say this. I hope you will eventually be able to understand that making such a broad generalization in a conversation about this sensitive topic reads as you being thoughtless and demeaning. If you were joking, it’s a bad joke. Generalizations like this dial up the rhetoric well past 11. Normally I would just ignore such ignorance, but it is surprising to see such a comment come from you.
You’ll find I’m full of surprises.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:45 am
The book might as well be titled: “how to turn failure into victimhood.”
That works as a subtitle, given the title is something like “sharing what I learned when a franchise took advantage of me.”

As a business person, I thought you might get a kick out of this. Did you know that her statement about franchise fraud to the FTC actually contains 25 recommendations, all written by her, that she confidently states will revamp the entire franchise economy, and will vastly improve the profitability of small owner businesses in this country? Ordinary grandiosity pales beside her confidence.
Tavares Standfield
Sunbeam

Post by Tavares Standfield »

consiglieri wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:10 am
You’ll find I’m full of surprises.
Lem is what you would get if Rain Man, Rosebud, and Scott Lloyd had an illegitimate love child.
Tavares Standfield
Sunbeam

Post by Tavares Standfield »

Lem wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:12 am
That works as a subtitle, given the title is something like “sharing what I learned when a franchise took advantage of me.”
Blah blah blah. Men are always evil taking advantage of poor helpless women. Boo damned hoo.

Get over your hang ups and get a life.