Face of a 75,000-year-old Neanderthal woman revealed by scientists

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IWMP
God

Re: Face of a 75,000-year-old Neanderthal woman revealed by scientists

Post by IWMP »

Moksha wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 9:30 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:22 am
Aww :( is there more?
Much more courtesy of The Project Gutenberg:

https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/51 ... mages.html
:shock: :o think I'll come back to this. It's just a huge block of text. Thanks for sharing.
sock puppet
1st Counselor

Re: Face of a 75,000-year-old Neanderthal woman revealed by scientists

Post by sock puppet »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:10 am
sock puppet wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:03 pm
Did Joseph Smith when correcting the Bible set the mistranslations straight??? Inquiring minds want to know.
Joseph smith was a nitwit. You are a bit intense. I'm not trying to push your buttons. I am only discussing my opinion. God may have created everything the way you think. I do not know the facts. I am only expressing another possibility. I believe (but don't know) that a day to God is not a literal earth day. God is said to be omnipotent, time to God will have a whole different set of rules. Time to use can't be seen, only felt based on the rules we have assigned to what it means. But like we can see and manipulate lower dimensions, beings in dimensions higher than the dimension in which time is manifested, may well be able to see and manipulate time. But again, just an idea. I am not coming in here saying I know everything and I am right. I'm expressing ideas and I admit, I am probably wrong.

I do think though, with more assurity than the rest of what I said, that Joseph smith would no more be able to translate the Bible than I could.
Killing may mean something different to God. Adultery might mean something different to God. Tithing might mean something different to God. And so on and so forth...
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats