Seeing Things Differently -DanP the apologist excuse.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Morley
God

Re: Seeing Things Differently -DanP the apologist excuse.

Post by Morley »

More information is ALWAYS better. Even if it's bigoted, misleading, twisted, or false information. Can't ever have too much dubious information.

By the way, more bees is always better.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Morley wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:02 pm
More information is ALWAYS better. Even if it's bigoted, misleading, twisted, or false information. Can't ever have too much false information.

More potassium is always better. Potassium is an essential mineral and electrolyte that plays a critical role in various physiological processes in the body. For oral ingestion, doses of potassium chloride ranging from 2.5 to 5 grams can potentially cause serious hyperkalemia in healthy adults. Doses higher than this range, especially if taken quickly, are likely to be fatal. Specifically, ingestion of 18 grams or more of potassium chloride can be lethal.

There is no known LD-50 of LDS apologists' propaganda, however Scientists are working very hard to calculate the best dose.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

drumdude wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:07 pm
Morley wrote:
More information is ALWAYS better. Even if it's bigoted, misleading, twisted, or false information. Can't ever have too much false information.

More potassium is always better. Potassium is an essential mineral and electrolyte that plays a critical role in various physiological processes in the body. For oral ingestion, doses of potassium chloride ranging from 2.5 to 5 grams can potentially cause serious hyperkalemia in healthy adults. Doses higher than this range, especially if taken quickly, are likely to be fatal. Specifically, ingestion of 18 grams or more of potassium chloride can be lethal.
However, since potassium is good for humans, more potassium is ALWAYS better.

And with information, fortunately, we never have to consider quality or context. Tell your little children everything. No information is detrimental.

In other news, more hippopotamus is ALWAYS better.
Last edited by Morley on Fri May 17, 2024 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

drumdude wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:48 pm

You keep bringing up this idea that we are rejecting the idea of free will for psychological comfort, yet no one here has expressed that sentiment.
The point I’ve made is that free will in the traditional religious use, and that of Mormonism, does not comport very well with agnosticism or atheistic belief.

As far as psychological comfort goes I wouldn’t hesitate to think that if I was an agnostic or atheist I would not feel as though I was somehow accountable to a higher power than myself or those in whom I might be accountable to in a temporal sense. Family, work, self, country, law, and so forth.

Bringing God into it brings extra added purpose and reason to ‘choose the right’. Not the only reason, let me say that (as Res Ipsa did earlier), but a reason nonetheless.

It would be a comforting feeling (wouldn’t it?) to feel as though this life is it and you are not accountable to any god for your actions and thoughts?

Just sayin’.

There are reasons for doubting free will (the list is here on this thread, including the LDS Chatbot information.) but they are not conclusive. So as it is, we have the free will and the agency to choose whether or not to believe in free will.

Case closed? 🙏🙂

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
More information is ALWAYS better. Even if it's bigoted, misleading, twisted, or false information. Can't ever have too much dubious information.

Sounds like what went on pro and con back during Covid. Gotta’ decide who is the arbitrator of truth. Man, does that get messy. 😷

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:

Pi A.I.:

Not necessarily! While bees are incredibly important for our ecosystems and agriculture, having too many bees in a certain area can actually be detrimental to the local environment. Here are a few reasons why more bees might not always be better:

* Competition for resources: If there are too many bees in a given area, they may compete with each other for resources like pollen and nectar, which can lead to malnutrition and weaker colonies.

* Disease transmission: Overcrowding can increase the risk of disease transmission among bees, leading to outbreaks of diseases like varroa mites or foulbrood.

* Negative impact on other pollinators: Having too many bees can also have a negative impact on other pollinators, like butterflies and hummingbirds, who rely on the same resources as bees.

* Nuisance to humans: While bees are generally peaceful creatures, having too many bees in a residential area can be a nuisance to humans, leading to stings and other negative interactions.

In summary, while bees are incredibly important, it's important to maintain a healthy balance in their populations to ensure the well-being of both the bees and the ecosystems they inhabit.
Though you might like this, Morley.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:21 pm
drumdude wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:07 pm

However, since potassium is good for humans, more potassium is ALWAYS better.

And with information, fortunately, we never have to consider quality or context. Tell your little children everything. No information is detrimental.

In other news, more hippopotamus is ALWAYS better.
Pi A.I.:

Definitely not! While hippos are fascinating and unique creatures, having too many hippos in a given area can have a number of negative consequences for both the hippos themselves and the surrounding ecosystems. Here are a few reasons why more hippos might not always be better:

* Overgrazing: Hippos are voracious eaters, consuming up to 80 pounds of grass per night. If there are too many hippos in an area, they can quickly overgraze the vegetation, leading to erosion and other environmental problems.

* Pollution: Hippos spend much of their time in the water, and their waste can contribute to water pollution and algal blooms, which can have a negative impact on other aquatic life.

* Human-hippo conflicts: Hippos can be aggressive and territorial, and having too many hippos in close proximity to human settlements can lead to conflicts and even fatalities.

* Disease transmission: Hippos are known to carry a number of diseases that can be transmitted to other animals, including livestock and humans.
More information the better.

Regards,
MG
Last edited by MG 2.0 on Fri May 17, 2024 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:22 pm
It would be a comforting feeling (wouldn’t it?) to feel as though this life is it and you are not accountable to any god for your actions and thoughts?
The ultimate wishful thinking is believing you'll survive your own death. And not only that, but that you picked the correct religion (out of thousands) which will grant you eternal life.

It would be a very comfortable feeling if I had the endless solipsism necessary to believe those things. As it turns out, the idea that I will cease to exist after death and that nothing mattered in a grand sense is not a comforting thought for me.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:29 pm

More information the better.
Really? I notice that you didn't you ask it about that.

Ask your beloved A.I. "Is more information ALWAYS better?" It will never tell you yes.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Why will even A.I. never tell you that "More information is ALWAYS better"? Because even an inconsistent, partially formed, unsophisticated, dumbass computer program knows a dozen reasons that's not true.

Like hippos, potassium, and bees, more information is not always better.