Bishop resigns from church

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Re: Bishop resigns from church

Post by _sock puppet »

Jason Bourne wrote:
just me wrote:He's brave.

Is he? could be I guess. Me on the other hand I am a witless coward I guess. On the other hand staying LDS is some situations can be tough as well. Is it brave? I think everyone has to make their way in their own way. Course I am just an anonymous hypocritical coward.

Easy there on the self-deprecation. It is easier in many ways to make a clean, public break, than to do what you no longer believe, for the sake of those you care about.

Bishop Bloor is brave. But coming 'out of the apostate closet' is not the only form of bravery.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

sock puppet wrote:Easy there on the self-deprecation. It is easier in many ways to make a clean, public break, than to do what you no longer believe, for the sake of those you care about.

Bishop Bloor is brave. But coming 'out of the apostate closet' is not the only form of bravery.

Thanks. That really was my point to. I think he was brave. Sometimes I wish I was as brave. But it is complicated,at least for me. It is an issue that I wrangle with on a regular basis.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Jason Bourne wrote:
sock puppet wrote:Easy there on the self-deprecation. It is easier in many ways to make a clean, public break, than to do what you no longer believe, for the sake of those you care about.

Thanks. That really was my point to. I think he was brave. Sometimes I wish I was as brave. But it is complicated,at least for me. It is an issue that I wrangle with on a regular basis.

Same, Jason. Same.

There are all kinds of bravery. But, I do admire people who can rip off the bandaid, because I wish I could figure out how to.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

just me wrote:There are all kinds of bravery. But, I do admire people who can rip off the bandaid, because I wish I could figure out how to.

I know it's easy to say, and very hard to do, but just rip off the bandaid. In some respects, you already have. It might be time to own up to that.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

why me wrote:He has already spoken out a year ago. Maybe we can expect the same letter every year as an anniversary letter.

why me, with the much improved avatar, don't we put up with your broken record comments again and again and again, over and over?

Runtu mentions a perfect example....light cotton. Then there's the 11 witnesses, 11 witnesses, 11 witnesses.....
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

Jason Bourne wrote:

Those are my shoes too.

Why is it that we do not feel comfortable in exposing our true thoughts and opinions about the Church to the people we know and love?
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Tator wrote:

why me, with the much improved avatar, don't we put up with your broken record comments again and again and again, over and over?

Runtu mentions a perfect example....light cotton. Then there's the 11 witnesses, 11 witnesses, 11 witnesses.....

It seems to me that this guy wants more attention. Maybe he is lonely and needs some internet fame. But in the scheme of things he was just a bishop, a calling that many men have had and will have. Sometimes bishops leave the church. No big deal.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

just me wrote:
There are all kinds of bravery. But, I do admire people who can rip off the bandaid, because I wish I could figure out how to.

Maybe you enjoy the bandaid too much to do so. First, you just need to open your mouth in class instead of taking notes for this board. To take notes for this board and then post your opinions of another human beings comments behind their back is not brave at all. It is however kind of sneaky. Much better to open the mouth in class not to create trouble but to create conversation.

It can be a wonderful learning experience.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

sock puppet wrote:

I am not sure about brave. Maybe it took some courage. But that was a year ago. Now...maybe he just wants people like you and the ohers to call him brave again. Heck, reading such thoughts surely makes him feel good even though the incident ocurred a year ago.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

why me wrote:
just me wrote:

Maybe you enjoy the bandaid too much to do so. First, you just need to open your mouth in class instead of taking notes for this board. To take notes for this board and then post your opinions of another human beings comments behind their back is not brave at all. It is however kind of sneaky. Much better to open the mouth in class not to create trouble but to create conversation.

It can be a wonderful learning experience.

Shut the serious “F” up.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~