Circumcision: Is it ethical?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Re: Circumcision: Is it ethical?

Post by _Bazooka »

<snip>
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_rallychild
_Emeritus

Post by _rallychild »

liz3564 wrote:All this talk of circumcision reminds me of this Seinfeld episode about being a Godfather:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSo7bWWuavg

:razz: You have great taste, Liz!
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

rallychild wrote:
liz3564 wrote:All this talk of circumcision reminds me of this Seinfeld episode about being a Godfather:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSo7bWWuavg

:razz: You have great taste, Liz!

Thanks! Seinfeld is classic comedy! :biggrin:
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

rallychild wrote:My wife and I were discussing this. She is for circumcision, I somewhat oppose circumcision. We "article bashed" back and forth debating the pros and cons of circumcision. What do you guys think?

If this baby is a boy, I will have it done.

Also, "intactivists" are some of the whiniest, shrillest, most annoying activists out there, rivaled only by "lactivists."
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

MsJack wrote:
rallychild wrote:My wife and I were discussing this. She is for circumcision, I somewhat oppose circumcision. We "article bashed" back and forth debating the pros and cons of circumcision. What do you guys think?

If this baby is a boy, I will have it done.

Also, "intactivists" are some of the whiniest, shrillest, most annoying activists out there, rivaled only by "lactivists."

Just curious..why will you have it done?
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

A man is walking painfully out of a clinic when he meets a friend coming in.
- "Good grief, man!" - says the friend, - "You look like you're in a world of hurt! What, if you don't mind my asking, did you have done here?"
- "Well, my wife absolutely insisted, so I had the doctor castrate me."
- "My God, man! That's really extreme!"
- "Yeah, I thought so too, but—well, my wife did insist, so. . . . If you don't mind my asking, what are you here for?"
- "Similar, I guess. My wife insists that I be circumcised."
- "Circumcise! THAT's the word she said!"
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_rallychild
_Emeritus

Post by _rallychild »

MsJack wrote:If this baby is a boy, I will have it done.

liz3564 wrote:Just curious..why will you have it done?

I second that motion.