bcspace?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: bcspace?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Hey People,

I'm not interested in looking back on old threads. I've "known" bc here and elsewhere for years. If you're all perfectly content with Faqs, have at it!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

sock puppet wrote:I know bcspace's moniker on another board, unrelated to religion entirely. His account there has been inactive for 16 months+ too.

Well, I just hope that he and his loved ones are well.
Chinese Proverb
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Jersey Girl wrote:Hey People,

I'm not interested in looking back on old threads. I've "known" bc here and elsewhere for years. If you're all perfectly content with Faqs, have at it!

Talk about tunnel vision.
:rolleyes:
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:...the only thing that knocked me off there temporarily (and make no mistake it was intended to intimidate me permanently)...

Intimidation takes place on these boards?

Regards,
MG

I wasn't talking about this board in the above.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I have a question wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Hey People,

Talk about tunnel vision.
:rolleyes:

Really? Why do you feel a need to go around digging up old threads he was on? When the church starts digging, folks here get all pissy about that.

He's a pretty good poster (with more staying power than most) and yes, what you're left with here is Faqs and his toddler tantrums.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Quasi wrote:
I believe I remember someone posting photos and his in real life from his Facebook page (bad form). The cartoons I posted were not a true rendition of his likeness.

Chap wrote:I don't recall that myself - though that does not mean it did not happen.

Was that on Terrestrial (I rarely look anywhere else)?

Did that happen shortly before his departure, or did he continue to post thereafter?

Stuff happened, Chap. Someone hunted him down elsewhere online.

You can look at his posting history to see his last posts. It doesn't look to me like he left in a huff or in defeat.

He simply left.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Mon May 09, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I'm not saying that bc left because someone was digging around in his in real life. The incident that I'm thinking of took place during my ban.

What I'm saying is that when we see an LDS poster leave here, it's probably not because their beliefs were refuted and they're embarrassed like Gunnar speculates. I'm surprised that Gunnar even posted that speculation.

People leave when they get bored, in real life happens or when people start digging into their in real life and using it on them here.

So, let's don't everyone get all high and mighty about bc's absence, because it likely has not a thing to do with this board or his being embarrassed by anything.

He's just gone and I think that this board is poorer for his absence.
Chinese Proverb
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

On the one hand Jersey Girl assures us that we cannot be sure of the reasons why people leave.

On the other hand, she tells us why people leave.

Something for everyone, really.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:Oh my. I only made it through page 1 of that! Jersey, you may have to take a look and modify your position, bcspace clearly gave as good as he got!!

I learn something new on this thread everyday. And no, I'm not telling you what on page one of that thread was new to me. :cool:

I *know* that bc gave as good as he got, Lemmie. That's my point. I don't think he left here because of embarrassment as Gunnar suggested or his beliefs having been refuted by the church essays that someone else mentioned.

That's not like him at all.

It's like this. Someone notices that bc isn't here. Some folks speculate that he got his clock cleaned here, turned tail and ran away.

That's NOT bcspace!
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Chap wrote:On the one hand Jersey Girl assures us that we cannot be sure of the reasons why people leave.

On the other hand, she tells us why people leave.

Something for everyone, really.

No, Chap.

I'm opposed to two posts here speculating that he got embarrassed because his personally held beliefs were thoroughly refuted and/or that the church essays left him with not a leg to stand on.

I mentioned a list of reasons why people leave.

Is that clearer?
Chinese Proverb