[POLL] What is the Future of the FAIR/MAAD Boards

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.

Whats the future of FAIR?

Total votes: 0

_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu wrote:
liz3564 wrote:Just as an FYI, DaddyMO recently got a new job, so he will likely be online much less. All of my dealings with him have been positive; we're fairly good "email buddies". I'm happy for him.

I've always thought he was one of the good ones, though we've locked horns a couple of times. Back when I was an apologist, we were "email buddies," as you say.

DaddyMO and I disagreed on polygamy. We started a thread which was considered the longest polygamy thread in the history of the FAIRboards that was closed for length rather than content.

It was an extremely civil yet informative thread from all sides; it's a pity more threads couldn't have progressed the same way.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

liz3564 wrote:
Runtu wrote:
liz3564 wrote:Just as an FYI, DaddyMO recently got a new job, so he will likely be online much less. All of my dealings with him have been positive; we're fairly good "email buddies". I'm happy for him.

I've always thought he was one of the good ones, though we've locked horns a couple of times. Back when I was an apologist, we were "email buddies," as you say.

DaddyMO and I disagreed on polygamy. We started a thread which was considered the longest polygamy thread in the history of the FAIRboards that was closed for length rather than content.

It was an extremely civil yet informative thread from all sides; it's a pity more threads couldn't have progressed the same way.

Awesome about him getting a job. Back when I used to read Westerns, I remember a quote from a novel: Hell is a family to care for but no work to be found. This country has seen a lot of hell over the years.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Please tell him I said hi and that I am happy for his new success. Thanks.

I suppose there are a number of very likable people still at MAD. How about Katherine the Great, Garden Girl,
uncle Dale and Rhinomelon? Is the Dude still posting there?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

moksha wrote:How about Katherine the Great, Garden Girl, uncle Dale and Rhinomelon? Is the Dude still posting there?

I see Katherine the Great, and Garden Girl fairly often. I've seen a coulple with Uncle Dale, Rhinomelon, and the Dude, but they appear to be posting much less frequently.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Runtu wrote:

I thought he was one of the good ones, too. But he totally ignored my messages to him. To this day, I wonder why....
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

asbestosman wrote:
moksha wrote:How about Katherine the Great, Garden Girl, uncle Dale and Rhinomelon? Is the Dude still posting there?

I see Katherine the Great, and Garden Girl fairly often. I've seen a coulple with Uncle Dale, Rhinomelon, and the Dude, but they appear to be posting much less frequently.

The next time you post there, could you tell them that Moksha says hi from the land of the banned and blocked IP?
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Mister Scratch wrote:
Runtu wrote:

I thought he was one of the good ones, too. But he totally ignored my messages to him. To this day, I wonder why....

I don't know. We corresponded when I was a believer. We had a long knock-down drag-out when I was a critic. I couldn't figure out if I was just approaching things differently or if he was treating me differently because I was on the wrong team.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

For those keeping score, I have at last achieved the high honor of having a quote of mine used by Professor Peterson in his signature. It was the earlier bit, where I said that he would likely be drawn back to the MB due to his addiction to the fawning attention and special mod protection he receives there. Evidently, the fact that his use of the line only proves how right I am escapes him. In any case: Thanks, Prof. P!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I think we could all use some fawning attention now and then.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

It would appear as though the MAD boards are going to at best stay the same, and most think their will be some dropoff. Better get over there and stir up some discussion before everyone comes over here.

Thanks for the votes and input.

Bond
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07