bcspace?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: bcspace?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Here, Chap. These are the two posts that I oppose.

Gunnar:

I suspect that his views have been so often and thoroughly been refuted by various regulars on this board and even by some of the Church's official essays that he is too embarrassed to continue posting here. I think he is in many ways a decent and likeable person in real life. I hope he is okay!

and IHAQ:

I have a question

He stopped posting shortly after the Church posted a bunch of essays refuting the apologetics bcspace had relied upon for years. The clincher seemed to be Lineage Race and the Priesthood. Once your own Church throws you under the bus, what's left to say?

God forbid anyone bring some common sense or reason to the table around here.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I want to congratulate bcspace for exercising the moral fortitude to stay away from this place.

:lol:
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

mentalgymnast wrote:
sock puppet wrote:I know bcspace's moniker on another board, unrelated to religion entirely. His account there has been inactive for 16 months+ too.

Maybe he did something like what I've thought about doing a few times...taking my Chromebook and other technology, head down the road a bit going west from where Iive...and chucking it all into Utah Lake.

And just go back to a flip phone and watch the news on TV.

If he's smart, he may have done something like that.

Regards,
MG

No. Not into a lake. You have to find a dry place, dig a good-sized hole, and bury it.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Jersey Girl wrote:Here, Chap. These are the two posts that I oppose.

Gunnar:

I suspect that his views have been so often and thoroughly been refuted by various regulars on this board and even by some of the Church's official essays that he is too embarrassed to continue posting here. I think he is in many ways a decent and likeable person in real life. I hope he is okay!

and IHAQ:

I have a question

He stopped posting shortly after the Church posted a bunch of essays refuting the apologetics bcspace had relied upon for years. The clincher seemed to be Lineage Race and the Priesthood. Once your own Church throws you under the bus, what's left to say?

God forbid anyone bring some common sense or reason to the table around here.

And I opposed your opposal (is that even a word?) by pointing out that bcspace wasn't the all round good guy that you were trying to paint. I also oppose that you were opposed to looking at the thread I linked to in opposing your opposal.

P.S. Chap also posted a remark along similar lines to the two that you are opposing. So do you now oppose three or has Chaps post gone down the same memory hole you're shoving bcspaces unwarranted snickering into?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

canpakes wrote:
mental gymnast wrote:Maybe he did something like what I've thought about doing a few times...taking my Chromebook and other technology, head down the road a bit going west from where Iive...and chucking it all into Utah Lake.

Regards,
MG

No. Not into a lake. You have to find a dry place, dig a good-sized hole, and bury it.

Don't worry, the Chromebook will stop functioning all by itself.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

canpakes wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:Maybe he did something like what I've thought about doing a few times...taking my Chromebook and other technology, head down the road a bit going west from where Iive...and chucking it all into Utah Lake.

Regards,
MG

Or, kindly donate that equipment to the Medical Illustrator's Retirement Fund. I would be happy to supply an address.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Chuck Finley
_Emeritus

Post by _Chuck Finley »

Wow, an off-hand question generated such discussion! I should post random questions and musings more often...
Proud to be the first of the "February Four" expelled from the Ceebooist branch of NeverMormonism.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Chuck Finley wrote:Wow, an off-hand question generated such discussion! I should post random questions and musings more often...

Yes, please do!
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_James or Not
_Emeritus

Post by _James or Not »

Quasimodo wrote:
canpakes wrote:

Or, kindly donate that equipment to the Medical Illustrator's Retirement Fund. I would be happy to supply an address.

You bury sh't in a dry hole so it doesn't leach into good water.
Next time the bully demands your lunch money tell him you left it on his mother's dresser.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I have a question wrote:
And I opposed your opposal (is that even a word?) by pointing out that bcspace wasn't the all round good guy that you were trying to paint. I also oppose that you were opposed to looking at the thread I linked to in opposing your opposal.

P.S. Chap also posted a remark along similar lines to the two that you are opposing. So do you now oppose three or has Chaps post gone down the same memory hole you're shoving bcspaces unwarranted snickering into?

I'm not at all impressed.

Make it rhyme.
:lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb